TITLE

Tech Strategies for Service Lines

AUTHOR(S)
Cantlupe, Joe
PUB. DATE
February 2012
SOURCE
HealthLeaders Magazine;Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p46
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article discusses the technology improvements implemented by healthcare systems and organizations in the U.S. to provide value and add volume to their service lines. These include San Francisco, California-based Sutter Health's telehealth eICU patient safety system, Texas Health Resources' electronic medical records (EMR) automatic risk assessment tool, and Tampa, Florida-based Moffitt Cancer Center's computerized tomography scanning system.
ACCESSION #
71663489

 

Related Articles

  • Investing Capital in EMR. LETOURNEAU, RENÉ // HealthLeaders Magazine;May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p52 

    The article discusses healthcare providers' capital investments in electronic medical records (EMR) with the goal of improving population health management. Providers believe that enhancing their collection and use of patient data is a way to pursue better care delivery. Maine Medical Center is...

  • The Uneasy Journey. ZEIS, MICHAEL // HealthLeaders Magazine;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p30 

    The article discusses the results of a poll conducted by HealthLeaders Media Intelligence Unit of the HealthLeaders Media Council which shows that 72% of respondents believe that the healthcare industry will transition from volume to value although the remaining 28% causes uncertainty to the...

  • The New Era of Planning: Knowns & Unknowns. grayson, mary // Hospitals & Health Networks;May2014, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p8 

    The article offers the author's insights about the future of the health care industry in the U.S. The author talks about the certainty of risk in the industry in terms of the quality and cost of health care. She also tackles the move of hospitals and systems to put together alliances, networks,...

  • A Wraparound World. santamour, bill // Hospitals & Health Networks;May2014, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p10 

    The article offers the author's insights about how organizations in the health care industry have adopted to change. The author cites that the health care organizations are collaborating to improve quality and efficiency. Also tackled are the results of the study which shows that importance of...

  • Switch to electronic records is benefiting B.C. patients.  // South Asian Post;8/22/2013, p8 

    In this article, the author discusses the emergence of electronic medical record (EMR) in British Columbia and further outlines the benefits of the EMR in the country in terms of better efficiencies of medical staff members and lower duplicate tests and adverse drug events.

  • Longer Use of Electronic Health Records Is Not Linked to Improved Quality of Care.  // Dermatology Nursing;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p44 

    The article presents a study on the correlation between the duration of electronic health record (EHR) usage in the U.S. and the quality of care, which reveals that quality of care showed no improvements with longer use of EHR.

  • Study Finds Electronic Medical Records Not Always Linked to Better Care in Hospitals.  // RT: The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners;Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p40 

    The article presents the result of a study stating that the use of electronic medical records do not improve the care provided in hospitals.

  • Study: Docs Have EHR Rights, but Also Responsibilities. Goedert, Joseph // Healthdatamanagement.com;2/13/2012, p1 

    The article reports on a study published in the February 13, 2015 issue of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" outlining ten rights that clinicians have in performing an electronic health records (EHR) system as well as their responsibilities in using EHR to improve quality of care.

  • Study: No Quality of Care Benefit for Doctors Using MU EHRs. Slabodkin, Greg // Healthdatamanagement.com;4/15/2014, p1 

    The article reports on a cross-sectional study published online on April 14, 2014 in "JAMA Internal Medicine," which suggests that physician use of Meaningful Use (MU) electronic health records did not benefit or improved the quality of care.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics