Disabling Some Old Stereotypes
- How to deal with staffers when one hand doesn't work. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;5/11/2012, Issue 168, p3
The article offers tips on how to deal and maintain the productivity of employees who has full use of only one hand through reconfiguring the office environment and modifying equipment.
- DETERMINATION OF HANDICAPPED CREW WORKER PRODUCTIVITY. Rossit, Edward // Journal of Rehabilitation;Sep-Oct77, Vol. 43 Issue 4
Focuses on the calculation of productivity of handicapped crew workers. Measurement of total output of the group by a norm or standard; Wage determination through productivity output; Identification individual productivity.
- Disabled Workers Enhance DC's Productivity. // Chain Store Age;Sep2007, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p12A
The article discusses the role of disabled workers in the enhancement of productivity in distribution centers. Retailers who participated in the inaugural Supply Chain Summit have learned about the strategies for building better partnerships across the global supply chain to mitigate the risks...
- Self-reported productivity loss among workers with upper extremity disorders. Martimo, Kari-Pekka; Shirt, Rahman; Miranda, Helena; Ketola, Ritva; Varonen, Helena; Viikari-Juntura, Eira // Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health;Jul2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p301
The article presents a study on the factors of on-the-job productivity loss among workers with upper extremity disorders (UED). It mentions that 168 patients with UED out of 177 eligible were investigated and asked on the description of the symptoms, personal characteristics and work related...
- Conclusions and recommendations. // Price of Exclusion: The Economic Consequences of Excluding Peopl;2009, Vol. 43, p51
The article presents the conclusions and the recommendations of the study of the quantification of the macroeconomic losses related to the exclusion of people with disabilities from work environment. It discusses the formula developed to calculate the price of exclusion which is consisted of...
- Annex 2: Detailed country calculations for Price of exclusion study. // Price of Exclusion: The Economic Consequences of Excluding Peopl;2009, Vol. 43, p61
Several charts are presented which provide detailed calculations for price of exclusion study of people with disabilities including China, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Amended ADA will change how employers evaluate disabilities. FINLON, KRISTEN E. // Business North Carolina;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses the potential impact of the amendment of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) of 2008 on employers' evaluation of disabilities. Under the changes, it has become more important for employers to engage in an interactive process with disabled employees to ensure that...
- HIRE CALLING. Wurst, Nancy Henderson // ABA Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p75
Focuses on the contribution of disabled workforce to the morale and productivity of Habitat International, an indoor-outdoor rug manufacturer based in Georgia. Support of David Morris, co-founder of Habitat International, to the disabled workforce; Number of rugs produced by disabled workers at...
- ISSUES AND CHALLENGES OF EMPLOYMENT OF DISABLED PEOPLE IN INDIA. Sharma, Arvind // Indian Streams Research Journal;Feb2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
The disabled population of India is around 5-6% of total population. If we talk about their role in productivity in Indian economy, the first question arise in our mind is that their employability in government and private sectors. Researches have shown that there are less than 1% population of...