A Weekend Termination: Legal, but not Wise
- The Mailbag. DiLorenzo, Louis P. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Jan2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to human resource (HR) including firing an employee who won't sign off on handbook, informing staff and visitors that they are being monitored, and redefining job and pay.
- VOLUNTARY TERMINATION/SEVERANCE PLANS AND BENEFITS--FEDERAL JURISDICTION; WAIVER. // Benefits Quarterly;1999 Second Quarter, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p58
The article focuses on legal issue involving voluntary terminations/severance plans and benefits in the U.S. It notes that ERISA governs voluntary termination plans even though they are not separately funded. Federal courts have jurisdiction over a cause of action brought to recover benefits...
- Expecting Problems from This Dismissal. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan // Workforce (10928332);Dec2001, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p81
Answers several questions related to personnel management. Problems that might result from retaining part-time employees and dismissing full-time workers; Discussion on a company's responsibility to report an incident wherein an employee embedded pornographic materials on one of the computer...
- Bad week for... // Personnel Today;2/24/2009, p4
The article offers news briefs related to Great Britain's public officers. Leeds City Council has announced a plan under which it will cut about 450 jobs in the year 2010. Officials of Great Britain's government's Police Negotiating Board have failed to reach on any agreement on whether police...
- The Mailbag. Lessack, Susan K. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Oct2011, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p8
The article presents questions an answers related to human resource management in the U.S. including unauthorized overtime, the perils in giving a pay raise to boost employee performance and terminating an employee who has been called to jury duty.
- Statistics need to know... // Personnel Today;2/10/2009, p38
The article presents statistics on several issues related to personnel management including unfair dismissal, national minimum wage, and parental leave.
- The Mailbag. Delogu, Nancy // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p8
The article presents questions and answers about paid time off (PTO) limit, firing an employee if he or she was arrested, and wage raises in the U.S.
- Can you fire employee who moonlights? // Plant Engineering;Sep2004, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p20
Advises a supervisor concerning firing of employee due to moonlighting in the United States. Company rule about moonlighting; Danger of the employee revealing confidential information; Benefit of giving a moderate pay increase.
- Statistics you need to know... // Personnel Today;3/25/2008, p50
Several charts concerning dismissal, wages, and maternity benefits of employees are presented.