Alternatives to Long Vacations
- Greatest pay growth rates for junior HR staff. // Employee Benefits;Aug2006, p16
The article reports on the faster rate of increase of the salaries of junior human resource (HR) employees in Great Britain within a ten-year period, compared to more senior HR employees, including HR managers and directors. The data were taken from two surveys "Management Rewards" and...
- Executive Briefing. Thompson, Robert W. // HR Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p12
Presents news briefs about human resource executives as of March 2000. Relationship between salary increases and stock performances of business; Increase in the median tenure of discharged managers and executives; Increase in the need for talent for businesses.
- Raise Those Raises. Rebhahn, Peter // Psychology Today;May/Jun99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p15
Points out that salary increase can motivate employees. Attitude of employers toward salary increase; Details on the study conducted by Nina Gupta, a business administration professor.
- PAY AND BENEFITS. // People Management;10/15/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p19
Presents updates on issues related to the pay and benefits of employees in Great Britain as of October 1998. Compensation for the engineers captured by a rebel group in Chechnya; Government policy on luncheon vouchers; Information on a survey on the job dissatisfaction of nurses.
- Quirky perks don't tempt employees. // People Management;11/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p11
Reports on the ineffectiveness of offering unusual benefits in the recruitment and retention of employees in the United States, according to a survey released in November 2000. Examples of the unusual benefits; Top factors that encourage people to stay in their jobs.
- Setting the Table. // Workforce (10928332);Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p140
Provides advice to a human resources director regarding negotiating his compensation package. Guide questions to determine a reasonable amount to request; Tips on talking about his contributions to the company.
- What Goes Up May Come Down. Frase-Blunt, Martha // HR Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p85
Provides tips for employers and human resource professionals on dealing with the issue of variable pay with employees. Importance of constant communication with employees regarding variable pay plans; How to handle variable pay plans when goals are missed; Benefits of evaluating variable pay...
- Counteroffer, counterproductive? Ettorre, Barbara // Management Review;Feb95, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the implications of making a counteroffer whenever an employee has been lured into another company. Setting of double standard; Resentment and displacement of workers if a department will have to be reorganized; Feeling of betrayal on the part of the employer.
- Aligning work and rewards. // Management Review;Feb95, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p19
Presents the discussion of personnel managers on how their companies are changing their compensation systems. Goal of managers; Linking employees to the customer; Customer-oriented incentive systems; Role of rewards in boosting employee productivity; Rewarding group endeavors and results.