Bold HR Changes Put NIMA on the map
- New defense/intelligence imagery and mapping agency proposed. // Point of Beginning;Apr96, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on a proposal for the formation of the National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA) to consolidate imagery and mapping resources and related management into a single organization within the Department of Defense. Scheduled start of the agency; Number of employees under the agency; Reasons...
- The World in 3-D. Chien, Philip // Popular Science;May2000, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p68
Focuses on the efforts of the United States National Imagery and Mapping Agency to create three-dimensional maps of the world. Use of the space shuttle's radar system to map the Earth; Integration of the topographic data gathered by the shuttle to generate maps.
- Industry Could Gain $1 Billion From NIMA. Morring, Jr., Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/27/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the business of the U.S. National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA). Contracts given to various U.S. companies by NIMA; Amount of the contracts; Objective of the contracts.
- The Trouble with Action Items. Rance, Don Paul; Ward, Dan // Program Manager;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on the guidelines established by the Information Dissemination Services-Direct Delivery Program Office of the U.S. National Imagery and Mapping Agency in managing action items (AI). Development of a database for AI; Use of individual management scheme on AI management; Utilization of...
- Mapping in the 21st century. Liebsch, John E.; Pierce, William G. // Army Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p75
Focuses on the concept of a warfighter-defined custom digital map as a major change in the 21st century. Requirements that must be fulfilled by paper maps; United States Defense Science Board's recommendations in support of the services with geospatial information from the US National Imagery...
- NIMA: A Vital part of the EAC Team. Reichman, Jeffery S. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Apr-Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p9
Provides an overview of the National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA) of the U.S. Department of Defense, products for the Army units, ordering process and points of contact. Background of NIMA; Information provided in 'Applicable NIMA Products Covering Afghanistan and the Middle East' in the...
- A Rule-based Approach for the Conflation of Attributed Vector Data. Cobb, Maria A.; Chung, Miyi J.; Foley III, Harold; Petry, Frederick E.; Shaw, Kevin B.; Miller, H. Vincent // GeoInformatica;Mar1998, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p7
In this paper we present a complete approach for the conflation of attributed vector digital mapping data such as the Vector Product Format (VPF) datasets produced and disseminated by the National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA). While other work in the field of conflation has traditionally...
- National Imagery and Mapping Agency. Cohen, Eliot A. // Foreign Affairs;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p162
Reviews the official Internet Web site for the United States National Imagery and Mapping Agency.
- Shuttle radar goal: Information superiority. Covault, Craig // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/31/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p38
Reports that the United States National Imagery and Mapping Agency plans to use nearly ten terabytes of imaging data expected from the shuttle radar topography mission to create a global three-dimensional `Foundation Data Set' that would revolutionize military imagery applications. Goal to...