Can HR Legally Ask the Questions That Applicants with Disabilities Want to Be Asked?
- Better Interviews for People with Disabilities. Rodriguez, Andrea; Prezant, Fran // Workforce (10928332);Aug2002, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p38
Discusses a survey on how human resource can make interviewing more successful for people with disabilities. Examples of the kinds of questions that survey respondents would like to be asked during job interviews; Information on how openness would help the hiring process; Frustrations in a...
- Perceived Barriers to Job Placement Revisited: Toward Practical Solutions. Fraser, Robert T.; Shrey, Donald F. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Oct-Dec86, Vol. 52 Issue 4
Examines the perceived barriers on job placement relative to disabled persons employment in the United States. Effect of practical job development and placement strategies on the performance of placement specialists; Lists of identified barriers on job placement; Role of placement specialist in...
- Partnerships: The Bridge from Disability to Ability Management. Roessier, Richard T.; Schriner, Kay Fletcher // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jan-Mar91, Vol. 57 Issue 1
Focuses on the importance of disability management in business and industry. Impact of ability management programs on employees; Need for disability management programs; Objectives of the program.
- Skating Through the Minefield. Janove, Jathan W. // HR Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p107
Presents guidelines for human resource professionals regarding Americans With Disabilities Act accommodation. Details of a case example;Criteria for determining whether a job function is essential; Reassignment options.
- What it means to you. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;6/8/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 170, p2
The article discusses aspects to consider when deciding whether to retain or excuse a disabled worker who is unable to use a new system available in one's business.
- Tips on reaching out to people with disabilities. // Westchester County Business Journal;03/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p29
Outlines Cole Communications' recommendations to business executives who want to employ people with disabilities. Formation of an advisory committee of people with disabilities or heads of groups representing them; Recruitment at special schools and through special publications; Captioned and...
- lending a hand to the handicapped: a primer for business. Tombari, Henry A. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Fall79, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p44
Gives advice on managing handicapped employees. Definition of the handicapped, according to the 1973 Rehabilitation Act; Factors to consider in employing a handicapped; Objectives that a company should follow concerning a successful affirmative action program.
- Employment Resources. Strechay, Joe // Accessworld: Technology for Consumers with Visual Impairments;Oct2015, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
The article looks at an initiative being made in the U.S. in monitoring job announcements and contacts with business enterprises to creatively recruit and maintain employees with disabilities.
- How employers should handle disability issues. Chevako, Anne W.; Maza, Miguel A. // Caribbean Business;9/28/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p40
Offers advice on how employers in Puerto Rico should handle disability issues. Scope of information needed by a business employer to fill a particular job; Primary law protecting people with disabilities in Puerto Rico; Correct and legal way to ask whether a prospective employee can fulfill the...