HR Cost Cutting: How Technology Makes Little Savings Add Up
- FINDING ORDER IN CHAOS. Williams, Helen // Personnel Today;2010 Guide To Employer Branding Sup, p3
The article discusses employer branding and its implications in the public sector, which is widely expected to implement cost-cutting and job cuts in 2010 amid global financial crisis.
- Warming the cold heart of business. Dutton, Gail // Management Review;Jun97, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p17
States that companies that went through cost reductions and downsizing in the 1990s are reinvesting in their employees. Employees' benefits programs at Xerox; Its positive results; Philosophy for human resources of Calvert Group, an investment firm in Maryland; How to teach intergrity in...
- Be bloody, bold and resolute. Harper, Bill // Accountancy;Nov83, Vol. 94 Issue 1083, p70
Advocates boldness and resolution in cost control and management. Introduction of incentive schemes by management; Hiring of efficient personnel; Prioritization of tasks.
- The Perils of Cutting Merit Pay. Hansen, Fay // Workforce (10928332);Dec2002, Vol. 81 Issue 13, p19
Discusses the risks that companies will face in cutting the merit pay of their employees. Importance for companies of reducing costs while attracting and retaining employees; Significance of human-capital investments; Results of a study on employee attitudes towards compensation and work.
- MOST NURSES ARE COMPASSIONATE, BUT HAVE BEEN BADLY LET DOWN. Salvage, Jane // Nursing Standard;2/13/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p30
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with a British report on the quality of care provided to patients in health care facilities.
- Managing to survive. Vallely, Ian // Heating & Ventilating Review;Aug2012, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the need for companies to focus on cost and human resources management to maintain the business when trading conditions are tough, and cites the insights of a business and a training executive on the subject.
- Editorial: Electronic Human Resource Management: Transformation of HRM? Strohmeier, Stefan; Bondarouk, Tanya; Konradt, Udo // Zeitschrift fï¿½r Personalforschung;2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p215
No abstract available.
- Security Architectures And The New IT Organization. Berman, Stuart // Business Communications Review;May2007, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p40
The article discusses the second part to a two part article. It focuses on how to reduce information technology (IT) costs by requiring business departments pay for the IT services they used. He felt that when people know how much they will have to pay for equipment or services, requests for...
- The role of Information Technology in the Personal Department: HRM in the Knowledge economy. // Canadian Social Science;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p54
No abstract available.