The Remodel Role Model
- Grand plan. Flurry, Amy // Country Living;Nov2002, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p138
Focuses on the renovation of an ancient kitchen of a house in Erwinna Pennsylvania.
- A place to linger. Morton, K.S.; McNamara, J. // Country Living;Feb1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p96
Photo essay with text of two country kitchens. Renovation of a 1664 kitchen in the English countryside; Refurbished New Jersey kitchen with a 1930s motif.
- Manhattan makeover. Morton, Kevin Scott // Country Living;Mar1993, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p140
Presents a photo essay with text of a remodeled kitchen in a 100-year-old New York City town house. Smart layout and traditional craftsmanship; Finely carved paneling unifies the breakfast nook with the rest of the kitchen; Fruit-and-foliage motif of the curtains and banquette upholstery; More.
- Home on the range. Walker, Jessie // Country Living;Mar1994, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p118
Features interior designer Andrea Lawrence's redecoration of the kitchen of a town house in Colorado near the Rocky Mountains using the surrounding landscape as motif. Animal imageries; Depiction of Native American culture.
- Through-the-wall cabinets. Gutierrez, A. // Popular Science;Mar88, Vol. 232 Issue 3, p80
Kitchen dinettes are often cramped for floor space. Tips on how to notch cabinets and a buffet-counter into adjacent space so that nothing projects into the room.
- Mini-kitchen remodel. Stover, D. // Popular Science;May89, Vol. 234 Issue 5, p144
Looks at a kitchen remodeling plan that integrates counters, appliances and storage in a U-shaped configuration to give the room the warmth and functionality of a larger kitchen.
- Kitchen kudos. Abbey, E.; Thompson, E. // Popular Mechanics;Oct87, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p76
A common-sense approach to remodeling your kitchen can yield a well-tailored space at a fraction of the normal cost. Tips on site preparation, installing cabinets, countertops and tile, wallpaper and floor.
- Kitchen remodeling. Barrett, N.; Griebsch, J. // Popular Mechanics;Apr90, Vol. 167 Issue 4, p86
An introduction to a series of articles on kitchen remodeling addressing the cost and inconvenience of such a project.
- Room preparation. Barrett, N.; Griebsch, J. // Popular Mechanics;Apr90, Vol. 167 Issue 4, p91
Discusses how old kitchen cabinets should be prepared for a new coat of paint or resurfacing with plastic laminate of wood veneer.