A Hiring Hand From Uncle Sam
- Giant chain's vice-grip tactics are squeezing out free enterprise. // New Hampshire Business Review;01/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p8
Condemns the attempt of giant corporations in the United States to monopolize certain industries. Closure of small and independent chain of hardware stores due to the opening of Home Depot; Attempt of giant corporations to replace free enterprise.
- Special Authorities Invoked in the Wake of the 11 September Attacks. // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p98
Focuses on the function of special authorities in contracting arena to facilitate the transition to a wartime posture in the government in the U.S. Declaration of national emergency; Increase of the active-duty strength of the armed forces; Emphasis of the Feed and Forage Act.
- Where Retailers Shop. Gentry, Connie Robbins // Chain Store Age;Mar2002, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p92
Provides information on the sourcing strategies used by retail operators, Home Depot and Tesco. Revenue generated by the companies as of 2001; Brand products carried by the retail operators; Discussion on the concept of global sourcing and its effects on the prices of the products; Estimated...
- Like Clockwork, Orange Covers The World. // Chain Store Age;May2001, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p97
Interviews Bryan Fields, senior vice-president of real estate of Home Depot, about the expansion of its business worldwide as of May 2001. Preferences in its entering a market; Opportunities for its expansion; Views on outsourcing.
- GOP sweep, Lilly moves dominate '94. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/2/95, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p1A
Presents the 1994 top ten stories of `Indianapolis Business Journal'. GOP election sweep; Eli Lilly and Co.'s $4 billion purchase; Impact of Eli Lilly and Co.'s divestiture; Ending of Conseco Inc.'s big year; Opening of Circle Centre; Deal of Mayflower Group Inc. with United Van Lines;...
- A LEFT-RIGHT BLAST AT THE STIMULUS PLAN. Zeller, Shawn // National Journal;11/10/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p3532
Talks about the accusation against the corporate United States of using the September 11, 2001 tragedy to advance its interest, by activists on both ends of the political spectrum. Information on reports released by Ronald D. Utt, a researcher from Heritage Foundation; Focus of liberal groups on...
- Top Chains Part of Business Elite. Pinto, David // MMR;7/23/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p4
The article offers information on the annual list of largest corporations in the U.S. by "Fortune" magazine which includes retailers CVS Caremark Corp., Home Depot Inc., and Best Buy Co. Inc.
- FROM THE K STREET CORRIDOR. Stone, Peter H.; Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;2/1/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p377
Presents news briefs related to business and politics in the U.S. as of February 2003. Issues included in the agenda of the Credit Union National Association; Reason for the decision of the American Wood Preserves Institute to let its employees go and outsource its operations to an...
- DEATH KNELL FOR A-76. // Government Executive;Jun2002, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p84
Focuses on the implementation of changes in Circular A-76 outsourcing policy for commercial activities of public-private competitions in the U.S. Effects of the circular on inventories of jobs for competition; Impact of the circular on cost of procurement for supplies; Disadvantages of the...