Vertex clips to up a notch
- BEA debuts object-based middleware for telecom. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;06/15/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p35
Focuses on the development of the production ready Object Transaction Manager computer software by BEA Systems Incorporated. How the system can be applied to telecommunication; In-depth look at the functions of the system; Details on the company.
- BEA will deliver a Jolt to Tuxedo. Leon, Mark // InfoWorld;8/12/96, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p41
Reports on BEA Systems Inc.'s extensions to its Tuxedo middleware. Java-based interface called Jolt; Architecture of the Jolt application; Jolt partners of BEA; List price; Shipment date.
- BEA adds Web services support, wizards to portal. Taft, Darryl K. // eWeek;7/15/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p22
Reports the improvement of the portal technology with support for Web services by BEA Systems Inc. in San Jose, California. Reduction of development time; Decrease in the costs; Launch of the BEA Portal Solution Center.
- BEA bases livelihood on acquisitions. Rodriguez, Karen // Inter@ctive Week;3/3/97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p36
Profiles the computer firm BEA Systems Inc's business strategy. Tuxedo transaction technology; Internet-based ticketing applications; Acquisitions of software companies.
- BEA middleware to extend mainframes. Scannell, Ed // InfoWorld;08/18/97, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p37
Reports on the launching of BEA Systems' Extended Mainframe initiative, a set of products and services designed to make it easier for corporate users to integrate newer technologies with exiting mainframe applications. Examples of the company's middleware; Factors driving BEA's mainframe...
- BEA to roll out Iceberg project middleware. Bowen, Ted Smalley; McKay, Niall // InfoWorld;02/23/98, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p10
Reports on BEA Systems Inc.'s first major upgrade efforts for its middleware products since its acquisition of object request broker and messaging technologies from Digital. BEA's approach for rolling out products under the Iceberg project; BEA founder William Coleman's comments on the...
- The ergonomic push stick. Betterni, Robert L.; Daniels, Jim // Tech Directions;Feb95, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p46
Presents a constructed protype of woodworking push stick. Construction; Calculations; Ergonomics.
- Sliding bevel. Capotosto, Rosario // Popular Mechanics;Nov96, Vol. 173 Issue 11, p80
Describes a process for making a sliding bevel, a tool used in woodworking. Tips on how to make the handle; Attachment of trimpieces; Filing the blade; Modification of the knob.
- Scratch awl. Capotosto, Rosario // Popular Mechanics;Nov96, Vol. 173 Issue 11, p84
Describes a process for making the scratch awl, a tool used in woodworking. Shaping and turning the handle; Modification of brass cabinet knob for use as a ferrule; Fitting the tang into the knob hole; Sanding the knob hole with sandpaper.