PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p5
Reports on executive selections and appointments in the U.S. book industries and trade as of October 14, 2002. Appointment of Sara Levinson as president of Women's Publishing Group at Rodale; Spring Arbor Distributors' hiring of Steve Adams to manage its accounts in the Northwest United States.
- People In The News... // Book Publishing Report;05/07/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p8
Presents updates on book industry executives in the United States for the week of May 7, 2001. Media veterans attracted by Audible Inc.; Promotion of Jennifer Marshall at Anchor Books.
- People. // Publishers Weekly;7/25/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the selection and appointment of several executives in the book industry in the U.S. Tracy van Straaten at Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing group; Alicia Brooks at Rights Unlimited; Ellen Faran at Beacon Press.
- Schrank Joins 17th Street. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the appointment of novelist and columnist Ben Schrank as editorial director at U.S. book packager 17th Street Productions in November 2002. Significance of Schrank's background in the trade publishing and literary worlds; Details on the company's deal with MTV Books for the...
- people. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p17
Presents an update on executive appointments in the U.S. book industry as of January 6, 2003. Appointment of Sean McDonald at Riverhead Books; Selection of Stephen Arkin at Paulist Press; Position of Carol Bystrom at Malloy Incorporated.
- New Director of Cremation Services for ICCFA. // American Funeral Director;Jan2009, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p67
The article announces that Julie A. Burn has been appointed as director of cremation services for the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association (ICCFA).
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;4/14/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on the promotion of Julie Grau and Celina Spiegel as co-editorial directors with Penguin Group President Susan Petersen Kennedy.
- Inside Kerry's Winning Campaign. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;3/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the world rights signed by publisher Julie Grau for a book written by journalist and biographer Paul Alexander. Information on the book.
- The Partners adds character to identity for Spiegel & Grau. // Design Week;5/24/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the launching of Spiegel & Grau's fresh visual identity designed by the Partners. Cindy Spiegel and Julie Grau set up the venture at the end of 2005, and started a new subsidiary within Random House in 2006. The Partners was appointed to create the fresh identity to be...