Global Publisher's World Just Got Bigger
- HarperCollins in Indian Joint Venture. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the joint venture agreement signed by HarperCollins with India Today Group, a leading Indian media company. Terms of the agreement; Aim for the joint venture.
- More Competition Has HarperSanFrancisco Expanding Into Bibles. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the expansion of the HarperSanFrancisco, the Christian sprituality and self-help imprint of HarperCollins, into the Bible market in the U.S. The company will expand by launching a new line of Bibles using the New Revised Standard Version in February 2007. It is stated that...
- HarperCollins Breaks Q3 Slump; Religion Category Still Shaky. // Book Publishing Report;May2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the increase in the revenue and operating profit of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. for the third quarter of 2007. During the period, the publisher's revenue rose by 5.8% and its operating profit grew by 11.5% compared to 2006. However, the author warns that the positive...
- HC Speakers Bureau Poised to Expand After First Year. // Book Publishing Report;6/19/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on HarperCollins Publishers Inc.'s plan of expansion in the U.S. after establishing the Speakers Bureau. Jamie Brickhouse was appointed as the director of the division and will be reporting to group publicity director Debbie Stier. According to Jane Friedman, CEO of...
- H & R, Collins and three agents form new Canadian firm. // Publishers Weekly;2/24/89, Vol. 235 Issue 8, p123
Report on Harper & Collins Publishers, Ltd., a new Canadian publisher which is being formed by three Canadian literary agents, Harper & Row, and Collins Publishers.
- Is there room for Harper paperbacks? Feldman, G. // Publishers Weekly;11/17/89, Vol. 236 Issue 20, p24
Discusses the upcoming January debut of Harper Paperbacks with six titles, and mass marketing impresario Eddie Bell's paperback marketing plans for the future. Diversifying the lists; Banking on market research; Getting books to the masses; What the competition thinks.
- HarperCollins shuts unit. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;6/03/96, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p42
Reports that HarperCollins Publishers will close its adult CD-ROM publishing unit and build its investment in on-line-related properties.
- Disney revamps HarperCollins. Petrikin, Chris // Variety;03/24/97, Vol. 366 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the restructuring of HarperCollins' publishing and marketing departments.
- Avon. Sanborn, Margaret; Simson, Maria // Publishers Weekly;1/17/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 3, p312
Presents a list of mass market paperbacks from Avon. `Alex Haley's Queen,' by Alex Haley and David Stevens; `Irresistible,' by Catherine Hart; `Contents Under Pressure,' by Edna Buchanan; `Tell Me No Secrets,' by Joy Fielding; More.