What works on retail villages
- fighting fit. Harris, David // Estates Gazette;10/4/2008 Retail Supplement, p54
The article deals with the growing number of shopping centres in Croatia. Croatia in 2008 is a good place for retail developers to build. Although the bulk of retail space is still made up of traditional-style high street shopping, new shopping centres have been springing up all over the...
- Best shopping centre of the year. // Estates Gazette;11/15/2008 Mapic EG Retail Awards, p13
The article announces the recipients of the Best Shopping Centre of the Year award at the 2008 MAPIC EG Retail awards in Europe, including Multi Turkmall in Istanbul, Turkey, Zlote Tarasy in Warsaw, Poland, and Cabot Circus in Bristol, England.
- More stores, less profit. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;02/23/2001, p16
Suggests that more retail groups have expanded their number of stores following continued development of shopping centers in South Africa. Effect of the expansion on profitability; Rise in the number of profit warnings issued by retailers to their stockholders; Leading shopping malls in the...
- Is bigger better? Knight, Mary Beth // Chain Store Age;Jan1999, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p142
Relates the position of retailers in the United States as the surge of development in shopping centers grow. Pros and cons of the narrowing market; Reason it is important for retailers to build strong relationships with mall owners; Quality of the management of the centers; Issue on lease...
- The Comforts of Home. // Chain Store Age;Jun2003, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p92
Reports on the move to redesign and remerchandise the former Jeffersonville II Outlet Center in Ohio into a home-themed shopping center. Lot area of site; List of merchandise to be marketed; Number of projected tenants.
- Atlas Park Has Eye on Baby Boomers. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/13/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 79, p3
This article reports on the retailers that have signed leases at the Shops at Atlas Park in New York City, as of October 2005. The four latest tenants to sign leases are Chico's, White House|Black Market and Gymboree, along with the regional restaurant concept Shiro's of Japan. Retailers are...
- The block at orange is up and running. Deemer, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;11/16/98, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p62
Reports on the opening of the anchor stores and specialty shops at The Block at Orange outdoor entertainment center in Orange County, California during the week of November 16, 1998. Stores that had opened during the previous week; Opening activities of individual stores.
- Retailing comes of age. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;12/26/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p14
Forecasts the boom in the retailing industry in Puerto Rico. Retailers' focus on remodelling and expansion of stores and shopping centers; Impact Rio Piedras explosion at the start of the Christmas shopping season in 1996; Outline of expansion plans by shopping centers such as Plaza Las Americas...
- By the Numbers. // FN: Footwear News;3/12/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p32
The article presents statistics on the retail market in Italy as of March 2007 including the number of new shopping centers in the planning and development stages, the number of existing malls that are slated for renovations and maintenance, and the amount invested in the country's retail market...
- The Development and Characteristics of Shopping Centres in Italy. // European Retail Digest;Jun98, Issue 18, p39
Discusses the trend in the development of shopping centers in Italy. Phases in the development of shopping centers; Characteristics of Italian shopping centers; List of major shopping center developers; Comparison of the features of Italian shopping centers with other countries.