What works on retail villages
- fighting fit. Harris, David // Estates Gazette;10/4/2008 Retail Supplement, p54
The article deals with the growing number of shopping centres in Croatia. Croatia in 2008 is a good place for retail developers to build. Although the bulk of retail space is still made up of traditional-style high street shopping, new shopping centres have been springing up all over the...
- Best shopping centre of the year. // Estates Gazette;11/15/2008 Mapic EG Retail Awards, p13
The article announces the recipients of the Best Shopping Centre of the Year award at the 2008 MAPIC EG Retail awards in Europe, including Multi Turkmall in Istanbul, Turkey, Zlote Tarasy in Warsaw, Poland, and Cabot Circus in Bristol, England.
- Is bigger better? Knight, Mary Beth // Chain Store Age;Jan1999, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p142
Relates the position of retailers in the United States as the surge of development in shopping centers grow. Pros and cons of the narrowing market; Reason it is important for retailers to build strong relationships with mall owners; Quality of the management of the centers; Issue on lease...
- The Comforts of Home. // Chain Store Age;Jun2003, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p92
Reports on the move to redesign and remerchandise the former Jeffersonville II Outlet Center in Ohio into a home-themed shopping center. Lot area of site; List of merchandise to be marketed; Number of projected tenants.
- By the Numbers. // FN: Footwear News;3/12/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p32
The article presents statistics on the retail market in Italy as of March 2007 including the number of new shopping centers in the planning and development stages, the number of existing malls that are slated for renovations and maintenance, and the amount invested in the country's retail market...
- The Development and Characteristics of Shopping Centres in Italy. // European Retail Digest;Jun98, Issue 18, p39
Discusses the trend in the development of shopping centers in Italy. Phases in the development of shopping centers; Characteristics of Italian shopping centers; List of major shopping center developers; Comparison of the features of Italian shopping centers with other countries.
- Concrete Garden. // Retail Traffic;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p124
Features the Diamond City Itami Shopping Center in Osaka, Japan. Key features and specifications; Background information on the shopping center; Architectural design credits.
- Future of high street is safe as malls go to town. Catalano, Alex // Estates Gazette;9/4/2004, Issue 436, p52
Focuses on the growth of independent stores and shopping centers in Great Britain. Changes in shopping habits, retailing and town centers; Information on the trend called de-malling; Efforts of mall owners in reconfiguring their properties and mimic a town center.
- Dividends flow from warehouse schemes. Jones, Neil // Estates Gazette;9/4/2004, Issue 436, p76
Reports on the growth of the retail warehouse market in South Wales. Information on the success of several retail developments; Background on several town center developments; Number of retail schemes sold.
- Fashion retailers round out Winepress Shopping Center. Oken, Doreen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/07/99, Issue 322469, p1
Reports on the expansion of the Winepress Shopping Center in Central San Joaquin Valley, California. Opening of three clothing stores in the center; Owners of the Winepress center; Phase two of the expansion plan at Winepress.