Fewer Clouds in Pacific Northwest
- In the retail sector, build or die. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/06/98, Vol. 45 Issue 27, p1A
Examines issues involved with the growth of development projects in the retail sector in Long Island, New York State. Retail vacancy rates in the area; Problems created by failed or abandoned shopping centers; Benefits of the construction boom in the retail sector; Retail sales per household in...
- Upwards of 2 million feet of retail coming to L.V. Strip, regional mall coming to Summerlin. Martin, Patricia // Las Vegas Business Press;05/19/97, Vol. 14 Issue 20, ICSC Retail Report p4
No abstract available.
- Chicago's turbulent times. Hazel, Debra // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Sep93, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the increase in retail development in Chicago, Illinois. Strong market; Number of retail projects; Major single projects in Schaumburg; Woodfield Mall's expansion; Regional malls' strength in the market; Density as a key to a strong suburban mall market; Effect of Highland...
- The retail challenge. Bowser, Andrew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/16/95, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p9A
Reports that retailers and developers are devising ways to attract customers from the spread out communities in northern New Orleans, Louisiana. Demand for `category killers'; Construction of Wal-Mart branch in St. Tammany; Going rate for office s pace in buildings.
- Shopping centers crowd into Greenwood along burgeoning S.R. 135. Miller, Laura Novello // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/31/94, Vol. 15 Issue 31, Commercial Real Estate p5B
Discusses the surge in commercial business growth along S.R. 135 in Greenwood, Indiana brought about by the explosive residential development in area and the depletion in commercial space along the U.S. 31 strip. Effect of migration from Indianapolis; Commercial real-estate development in S.R....
- Hendricks County retail not just mom-and-pop anymore. Perrone, Ellen // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/24/95, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p29A
Reports on national retailers' increased interest in Hendricks County, Ind. as a viable market for expansion. Increased commercial and residential development in Hendricks County; Examples of retailers planning to set up shops in Hendricks County; Retail hot spots in the area; Obstacle to...
- PROJECTS & PEOPLE. // Retail Traffic;Jun2003, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p13
Reports on developments concerning retail developments in the U.S. as of June 2003. Conversion of the Glenview Naval Air Station in Chicago, Illinois into a mixed-use project; Background on Sears Roebuck & Co.'s Sears Plus concept; Appointment of Suzanne McElyea as senior vice president for...
- MANCHESTER DEVELOPMENT STEPS UP TO BAT. Sokol, David // Retail Traffic;Jun2003, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the retail development projects in Manchester, New Hampshire in 2003. Details of the retail center to be built adjacent to a planned farm team ballpark; Contractors for the project.
- PITTSBURGH POPS. Hazlett, Curt // Retail Traffic;Jun2003, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p38
Highlights the surge in retail trade development projects in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 2003. Lifestyle- and grocery-anchored centers; Major developers; Economic conditions; Consumer profile.
- PROJECTS & PEOPLE. // Retail Traffic;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p11
Reports on developments related to retail real estate developments in the U.S. as of December 2003. Teamup of Bayer Properties and Forest City Enterprises; Certification received by Jonathan Lusher from the Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design.