FLORIDA is still a magnet for retail development
- Strip can't get enough retail. Martin, Patricia // Las Vegas Business Press;05/24/99, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p11
Reports on the development of the Strip shopping complex in Las Vegas, Nevada. Concerns about the enormity of the undertaking; Size of the planned expansion; Description of the interior work on the mall; Market profile; Retailers interested in establishing outlets in the mall.
- 2 projects boost Rochester Hills'multifamily housing. Cassar, Laura // Crain's Detroit Business;6/29/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p11
The article reports on the multifamily housing development projects in Rochester Hills, Michigan involving property developers Pulte Group and Aragona Properties.
- When The Wind Blows. Hazlett, Curt // Retail Traffic;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p21
Reports that retail real estate developers were hit by Hurricane Charley in Florida in August 2004. Relatively minor damage caused by the hurricane on the area's malls and shopping centers; Net value assessed on the damaged retail outlets; Implications on retail real estate and retail trade.
- Aspirational Hazard. Kingsbury, Kathleen; Qu, Nicole; Xu, Jodi // Time International (Atlantic Edition);8/13/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 6, p47
The article discusses the building of shopping malls in China, stating that there are many 'ghost malls,' retail spaces unable to attract shoppers. The article profiles the Golden Resources mall in Beijing, a 6 million square foot mall that is suffering from little traffic, and states that a...
- The retail revolution. JENNINGS, LISA // Nation's Restaurant News;8/19/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p1
The article reports that the shopping centers and malls are once again experiencing growth, and this is also presenting new opportunities for restaurant operators. Experts say that the growth in the retail sector is likely to be beneficial not for chain restaurants, but also for a broad range of...
- Ah, Venice. // Retail Traffic;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p42
Reports on the development of the Grand Canal Shoppes, a mall in Las Vegas, Nevada. Initiative of developers in creating a Venetian-themed works; Description of the mall.
- The age of the shopping mall begins. Genn, Adina // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 50, p77
Discusses the development of shopping malls in Long Island, New York, in the 1950s. Ownership of the former Mid-Island Plaza in Hicksville by Walter Stackler and Leonard Frank; Competition with Roosevelt Field in Garden City and Green Acres in Valley Stream; Acquisition of shopping center land...
- ONTARIO. // Retail Traffic;Apr2008, Vol. 37 Issue 4, Special section p14
The article features Ontario, the urban center located in Ontario, California. The urban center has one million square feet of retail and mixed-use product under development. In fact, Ontario is posed for dining, retail shopping, and entertainment. It is incorporating the live, work, play...
- The MALL from HELL. Kirk, Patrick // Retail Traffic;Jun2004, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p26
Looks at the retail business in the United States as of June 2004. Focus on the purchasing of available retail properties by developers; Suggestion that a host of potential disasters await those who paid too much for properties and didn't do enough research in their hast to push through a fast...