Street turmoil spares retail
- BBB Profits Not Enough For The Street. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;9/27/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p1
The article presents information on the profits earned by superstore retailer Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Profits of Bed Bath & Beyond climbed 23.5 percent, rising to $120 million from $97.2 million. Wall Street and stock watchers grew suddenly antsy by a slowing rate of sales growth and drove the...
- WALL STREET WATCH. // Home Textiles Today;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p30
Presents charts depicting the performance of the stocks of retailers in the U.S. Closing price of the stocks of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc.; Volume of the trading of Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corp.; Decline in the price of the stocks of J.C. Penney.
- FINANCE WATCH. // DSN Retailing Today;4/2/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p13
Offers a look at the stock performance of trading retail businesses in the United States as of April 2, 2001. Amazon.com; Bed Bath & Beyond; Consolidated Stores; Jo-Ann Stores.
- STOCK TO WATCH: BED BATH & BEYOND. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;09/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p14
Focuses on the performance of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc.'s stock. Surge in the stock market since August 2000; Investor interest in retail stocks; Financial performance for the first quarter ended May 27, 2000; Factors behind the company's strength.
- Bed bath continues to go beyond in 3Q. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;12/24/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p1
Reports the increased sales at Bed Bath and Beyond for the third quarter of 2001 in Union, New Jersey. Improvement of key performance metric; Rise in inventories; Plans of opening 88 stores in 2002.
- Bed, Bath postures for way Beyond 2K. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;06/26/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p8
Focuses on the operations of United States-based retailer Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Number of stores opened by the company in 1999; Sales projections for the year 2000; Financial performance in 1999; Percentage of total store sales contributed by home textiles.
- BBB begins Harmonizing. Felgner, Brent // Home Textiles Today;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on Bed Bath & Beyond's positioning of itself as a store within a store. Departure from its core franchise business; Firm's entry into high-turn, deep discount retailing; Acquisition of regional merchant Harmon Stores.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Defies the Retail Gloom. // njbiz;4/18/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p13
Offers a look at the stock performance of business enterprises in New Jersey as of April 2005. Increase in earnings posted by home goods retailer Bed Bath & Beyond; Details of pharmaceutical companies that posted positive earnings; Decline in the share prices of Cognizant Technology Solutions.
- FINANCE WATCH. // DSN Retailing Today;8/7/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p9
Presents data on the stock market activities of various retailers in the United States as of July 2000. Home Depot Inc.; Bed Bath & Beyond; Amazon.com Inc.