Chico's and the Man
- Scoring Some Hits: Misses' Market Sees Marked Turnaround. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/31/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 68, p1
The article discusses the current market conditions for the apparel and accessories retail sector. It mentions that various brands including Talbots Inc., Macy's Inc. and Chico's Fas Inc. have underwent several changes such as the installation of brand filters, design ranks and cost-cutting in...
- Chico's Net Climbs 57.4% In Quarter. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/21/2012, Vol. 204 Issue 108, p3
The article discusses sales reported by the clothing retailer Chico's in the third quarter of 2012, and reports that its net earnings increased by 57.4 percent.
- Chico's net nearly triples in second quarter. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/9/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 49, p27
Reports on the second-quarter earnings of apparel retailer Chico's FAS for the period ended August 1, 1998. Percent sales gain posted by the company; Factors to which the sales increase were attributed.
- 1st Quarter Earnings, Sales Jump at Chico's. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/30/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 104, p12
Presents information on the earnings of private label women's casual clothing chain, Chico's FAS Inc. for the first quarter ending April 29, 2000.
- Chico's Get August Off to Strong Start. Weitzman, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/31/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the August 2000 sales of apparel retailers in the United States. Chico FAS Inc.'s comparable-store sales; Intimate Brands Inc.'s total sales and merchandising margins; Factors affecting retail sales of apparel specialists.
- Chico's FASt Track. // Chain Store Age;Jan2002, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p47
Highlights the business performance of women's apparel retailer Chico's FAS in 2001. Net sales of the company in the third quarter of the year; Reasons for its success; Expansion plans for year 2002.
- Soma Weaves a Web Plan. Monget, Karyn // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/7/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 26, p20
The article reports on the plan of Chico's FAS Inc. to launch an e-commerce Web site for its Soma by Chico's lingerie brand. According to executive vice president and COO Chuck Nesbit, the Web site will contribute to increasing sales volume and profit of the company. The site is part of the...
- All in White And Black. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/24/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 131, p9
Reports on the business success of White House/Black Market retail store chain after its acquisition by Chico's in September 2003. Statement from Chico's executive VP Mori McKenzie about the retail store chain; Forecast on the growth of White House/Black Market; Value of sales at the store;...
- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/31/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 116, p2
This article presents news briefs concerning the clothing industry. New orders for textiles and textile products increased 8.7 percent in the 13 euro-area nations and 6.3 percent in the 27 member countries of the European Union in March 2007. The first-quarter earnings of Chico's FAS Inc....