Gothic Melodrama and Spiritual Romance: Vision and Fidelity in Two Versions of Jane Eyre
- A Photogenic Horror: Lewton Does Robert Louis Stevenson. Telotte, J.P. // Literature Film Quarterly;1982, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p25
Presents information on screenwriter Val Lewton's motion picture adaptation of the novel 'The Body-Snatcher,' by Robert Louis Stevenson. Impact of the literary background of Lewton on the production of the motion picture; Techniques applied by Lewton for the motion picture; Description of some...
- ORIGINS. Moir, Patricia // Cinefantastique;Oct96, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p59
The article discusses key issues concerning the adaptation of the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde into feature films on the big screen in the U.S. It includes background information on the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde that was created by Robert Louis Stevenson in 1885, as well as an...
- FOUR FACES OF DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE. McDonald, Neil // Quadrant Magazine;Nov2005, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p72
Focuses on the film adaptations of the book "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," by Robert Louis Stevenson in the U.S. Background on its story which was first published in 1886; Information on the 1920 version of the film; Treatment employed by director Rouben Mamoulian in an adaptation.
- Becoming Hyde: Excess, Pleasure and Cloning. German�, Monica // Gothic Studies;Nov2011, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p98
This essay examines the proliferation of visual representations of Robert Louis Stevenson's Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1886), considering the question of what links contemporary (Scottish?) Gothic to its problematic origins. After a survey of cinematic and graphic adaptations, the...
- Novels from Nightmares. Harvey, Mary // Scholastic Scope;10/30/2000, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p14
Presents a vocabulary exercise in the context of the biography of author Robert Louis Stevenson. Use of the fill-in-the-blank type of test; Directions for answering the exercise; List of words to be supplied to the blanks provided.
- Double Trouble. Stevenson, Robert Louis // Know Your World Extra;11/2/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p10
The article presents a script of a play based on "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," by Robert Louis Stevenson, adapted by Jessica Livingston.
- Robert Louis Stevenson's America. Ponce, Pedro // Humanities;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p18
Presents information on writer Robert Louis Stevenson. Educational and career background of Stevenson; Factor that drove his decision to become an author; Information on some of his works.
- Treasure Island. // Plays - The Drama Magazine for Young People;Nov2011, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p21
The article presents the script of the play "Treasure Island," an adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's classic tale for round-the-table reading by Marjorie Ann York.
- A Scot's tale. // In Britain;Apr94, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the centenary celebration of the demise of popular Scottish writer Robert Louis Stevenson. Popular works; Events leading to interest in writing; Health condition; Contact information.