The Effectiveness of Gifted Students Centers in Developing Geometric Thinking
- Efficacy of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy on "Self-Perception" among Gifted Students with Learning Disorders. Lahijanian, Z.; Amiri, S.; Moghtadaie, M.; Malekpour, M.; Amin Jafari, Amir Saleh; heidari, Fariba // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Jun2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p1091
The aim of the present study was to investigate the efficacy of cognitive-behavioral therapy on the improvement of self-perception among gifted students with learning disorders. It had the experimental pretest-posttest control design. Determining the sample size was carried out in three stages:...
- IMPROVEMENT OF " SELF-PERCEIVED SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE '' AMONG GIFTED STUDENTS WITH LEARNING DISORDERS BY COGNITIVE - BEHAVIORAL THERAPY. Lahijanian, Z.; Amiri, S.; Moghtadaie, M.; Barkhordar, F. // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Jun2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p1116
Objective: The purpose of this study was improvement of self-perceived social acceptance among gifted students with learning disorders by cognitive - behavioral therapy. Method: The design was experimental with pretest, posttest and with control group. The sample was included 20 gifted students...
- control group. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p520
An encyclopedia entry for the medical term "control group" is presented.
- Confessions of a whiz kid. Arbetter, S.; M.S.W. // Current Health 2;Feb1989, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p25
Discusses the difficulties faced by gifted students. Academically gifted; Creatively gifted. INSET: Famous late starters..
- Teaching a know-it-all to ease up. S.K.P. // Parenting;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p175
Focuses on the behavior of academically gifted children. Comments from Joseph Renzulli, director of the National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented; How these children are treated at school.
- Precocious kids. // Town & Country;Oct84, Vol. 138 Issue 5053, p230
Identifying the `gifted' child continues to be a challenge for educators and parents. Many precocious children are not identified as such, and standards for labeling children vary among, and even within, communities.
- Finding gifted blacks and Hispanics. Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Dec92, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p344
Calls for programs that would make minority parents more aware of the characteristics of giftedness. Placement process; Child evaluation.
- Teaching gifted children. // Newsweek;2/23/87, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p62
The parents of those relatively few children who show exceptional talent face complicated choices, and the debate over how to teach gifted children has intensified over the past few years. Programs for gifted children are popular, as are toys to stimulate them. But while the environment is...
- The gifted poor. Schroeder, Ken // Education Digest;Feb1993, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p72
Cites a new national survey from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, which found if researchers could make identifying gifted children easier for school administrators, the dearth of minority, poor or handicapped children in accelerated programs could be substantially reversed....