'Majority of TV music unreported'
- Online Music Channel, MeTV.com Team For Programs On Demand. Hay, Carla // Billboard;05/13/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 20, p143
Cites developments concerning television broadcasting of musical events in the United States as of May 13, 2000. Partnership between the Online Music Channel and MeTV.com to provide specialty programming; Singers who will perform at the 20th anniversary concert of BET in Las Vegas, Nevada;...
- Cable Channels Rise in Influence. Hill, Lee Alan // Television Week;7/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p22
Presents an update on the growth of music programming on cable television in the U.S. as of July 2004. Comments from several broadcasting executives on the issue; Information on Fuse, an all-music digital channel; Background on Music Choice; Music artists launched on Fuse that succeeded in the...
- THE INSIDER. // Music Week;8/5/2006, Issue 31, p24
The article focuses on the launch of a user-generated music channel MTV Flux by MTV. There will be a mobile community with the channel, when it will be rolled out on September 6, 2006. The users will be able to interact with the channel as well as a Flux web site, which will be launched on May...
- The Evolution Of A Network. Block, Debbie Galante // Billboard;7/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 30, p54
Discusses the way that Music Television (MTV) has changed since its launch in August 1981. Differences in the type of music which has appeared on the channel; Way in which musicians and artists have changed; Example of upcoming television programs on the channel.
- Coming Full Circle With MTV 360. Hay, Carla // Billboard;7/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 30, p56
Reports on the launch of the MTV 360 initiative by Music Television (MTV). How it works with MTV, MTV2 and MTV.com; Way in which it is a unique experience for the user of the Web site; Music and video downloads on the site; History of interactive programming on MTV: Description of MTV2;...
- Q&A With Judy McGrath. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;7/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 30, p58
Presents an interview with Judy McGrath, president of the Music Television (MTV) Group & chairman of Interactive Music. Her insight on the history of MTV; Reason she chose to join MTV; Description of music through the years; International expansion; Thoughts on the future of MTV.
- WHO'S PLAYING ON LATE-NIGHT & TALK SHOW. // Entertainment Weekly;10/7/2011, Issue 1175, p75
The article presents a calendar of musical guests appearing on television programs on October 1-7, 2011, including Sting on "Late Show With David Letterman," Lykke Li on "Last Call With Carson Daly, and Mutemath on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"
- World Music. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;08/15/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 18, pS-4
Provides information on MTV channels around the globe. Top-rated local show; Distribution; Territory reached; Online address; Channel head; MTV USA; VH1 USA; MTV U.K./Ireland; VH1 U.K.; MTV France; MTV Brasil; MTV Latin America; MTV Central; VH1 Germany; MTV European; MTV South (Italy); MTV...
- The Armchair Effect. Brandle, Lars; Sutherland, Mark // Billboard;7/28/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 30, p11
The author reports that music festivals are as much of a television event as a live event by discussing the Glastonbury Festival held in London, England. According to the article, on-site viewers complained of bad weather conditions and sound problems, whereas people who watched from home did...