Making History, Oregon Readies Deal for Up to $400M
- Treasurer Randall Edwards. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p87
Focuses on the business philosophy of state Treasurer Randall Edwards in Oregon. Emphasis on the proper management of bond indebtness; Amount of debt expected to be issued by the state; Opinion on the issuance of general purpose government offerings; Support for the expansion of school...
- As Note Sale Approaches in Oregon, Governor Criticizes Latest Budget. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31339, p36
Focuses on the issuance of tax anticipation notes in Oregon. Dependence of the final amount on the cash position; Statement of Treasurer Randall Edwards on the budget; Use of internal funds.
- Funding Oregon's Pensions. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31719, p1
Reports on the constitutional amendment proposed by Oregon Treasurer Randall Edwards that is due for voting on September 16, 2003 which would authorize $2 billion in taxable general obligation bonds to finance pensions. Legislative efforts to reform the Oregon Public Employees Retirement...
- Ready for a Rainy Day. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/23/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32593, p1
The article reports that Oregon Governor Ted Alongside has approved a pair of bills designed to create a budget reserve that will spare Oregonians the budgetary beating the state government took in the last economic downturn. The bills will set up a rainy day fund, which is an addition to a...
- College Savings Plans Hit. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the plan of Oregon treasurer Randall Edwards to ask the state's college savings board to terminate its relationship with Strong Capital Management Inc. Investigation of the Strong Capital for improper short-term trading of the firm; Agreement to hire Foley & Lardner to audit Strong's...
- THE GROUP-STUDY PLAN. // Education;Sep1928, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p61
The article reviews the book "The Group-Study Plan," by Edward Randall Maguire.
- Bush Opens His Wallet. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Sep2004, p6
Reports on President George W. Bush's financial pledged for the Columbia River dredging project, during his visit to the Port of Portland in Oregon. Economic importance of the Columbia River; Estimated cost of dredging the river's navigation channel to allow ships to transit from the ocean to...
- Frequently Asked Multistate Tax Question. // Journal of State Taxation;Winter2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p106
Answers the frequently asked question on multistate tax in the U.S. Presentation of the categories used by the states; Number of sales and used tax categories.
- Path of self-destruction. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/22/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the declining state of Weschester County in New York because of high taxes and the uncertainty in the federal level.