- New Tax Package. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
Reports that Guatemalan government has pushed to through further changes in its tax system due to pressures from the International Monetary Fund. Increase in tax charged on industrial fuel and alcoholic beverages; Income generated from tourism; Forecast on gross domestic product of Guatemala in...
- Feeling the squeeze. Jordan, Hope // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Sep92, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p39
No abstract available.
- Funding The Arts' Next Level. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p70
Reports on the tourism industry in Columbus, Georgia. Percentage of tax for hotel/motels annually; Popularity of Columbus in tourism business; Improvement of infrastructure for tourists.
- THE ADMINISTRATION'S TRAVEL TAX PROPOSAL. // Congressional Digest;May68, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p138
Focuses on Johnson administration's travel tax proposal. Steps to lessen the annual deficit; Changes proposed in customs regulations applicable to purchases by American citizens traveling abroad; Elements of the tax proposals.
- Should The Proposed Tax On Foreign Travel Expenditures By U.S. REsidents Be Enacted? PRO. Fowler, Henry H.; Surrey, Stanley S. // Congressional Digest;May68, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p140
Argues for the enactment of the proposed tax on foreign travel expenditures by U.S. residents. Benefits of the foreign travel; Principles in developing the tax program; Exemptions from the tax program; Effect of the travel tax plan on tourists.
- Should The Proposed Tax On Foreign Travel Expenditures By U.S. REsidents Be Enacted? CON. Javits, Jacob K.; Scott, Hugh; Curtis, Thomas B.; Horton, Frank; Pepper, Claude; Schwengel, Fred // Congressional Digest;May68, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p141
Opposes the enactment of the proposed tax on foreign travel expenditures by U.S. residents. Consequences of the program; Way to arrest the increasing gap between American travel abroad and foreign travel in the U.S.; Alternative to the proposal to reduce balance of payments deficit.
- IHF Calls For Abolition Of Departure Tax. // Hospitality Ireland;Dec2010, Issue 68, p8
The article reports on the appeal by the Irish Hotels Federation to Irish Minister Brian Lenihan to abolish the departure tax to prevent a decline in visitor numbers.
- Bali new arrivals levy. // Travel Daily;10/30/2013, p5
The article reports on an investigation launched by tourism officials in Bali, Indonesia to determine the prospect of imposing a levy to recover the cost of administering medical services to visitors.
- Welcome to Russia! Now Pay Your Taxes! // Russian Life;OCt/Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on tourism in Russia, while highlighting taxes imposed on visitors. Excerpt of a leaflet issued to foreigners exiting passport control points at Moscow's Sheremetevo-2 airport; Predictions for the tourism arket.