Moody's Paints Dimmer Picture for Cultural Institutions
- Maryland County Earmarks $30M to Bail Out Health System. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p3
Reports that Prince George's County, Maryland, officials have decided to spend 30 million dollars over five years beginning in 2004 to help bail out the nearly bankrupt nonprofit Dimensions Health Care System. Plan by the county to sell some surplus property to finance the first year of the...
- What's a credit rating worth? Moore Jr., J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;01/17/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p40
Examines what credit rating can and not do in the United States (US). Information on the deterioration in the credit outlook in the US not-for-profit hospitals; Importance of strategy; What bond rating indicates.
- PRO-PROFITS LEAD CREDIT RATINGS. // Trustee;Mar2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the stabilization of hospital credit ratings of for-profit organizations in the U.S. Ability of for-profit organizations to reduce debt; Comparison between the credit ratings of for-profit and non-profit organizations; Creation of added capacity for profit organizations.
- Fitch Downgrades St. Louis-Based Nonprofit. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31429, p4
Reports the downgrading of National Benevolent Association by Fitch Ratings in Saint Louis, Missouri. Decrease of the BBB rating to BBB-minus; Inability of profits to stem operating losses.
- Moody's: Florida Hospitals Stable, But Only in Near Term. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p44
Focuses on a report released by American rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. about the possible impact of high debt and uninsured population on the credit rating of Florida's nonprofit hospitals as of December 6, 2002. Prospects of debts issuance in the market of Florida; Statistics of...
- Debt ratings rebounded in 1995 at not-for-profits. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/5/96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the increase in Standard & Poor Corp.'s ratings of not-for-profit hospitals in the United States in 1995. Upgrading of 63 hospitals and healthcare ratings; Implications of the increase in ratings.
- What's your game plan? advice from the capital markets. Grube, Mark E.; Wareham, Therese L. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2005, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p63
The article focuses on the importance of strategic financial planning in rating assessments because it encompasses all of the fundamental credit factors used in the analysis of non-profit healthcare entities. The foundation of credit analysis includes governance, medical staff, services and...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p31
This article highlights various developments in the securities industry of states in the Middle West as of June 18, 2003. Moody's Investors Service Inc. has affirmed its A3 rating on Loyola University of Chicago in Illinois and its A1 rating on the Art Institute of Chicago's debt, in...
- National Benevolent Association's B-Minus on Negative by Fitch. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31745, p7
Reports on the B-minus credit rating assigned by Fitch Ratings to the National Benevolent Association, a non-profit organization based in Saint Louis, Missouri. Details of its credit agreement with KBC Bank; Amount of the variable-rate bonds; Compliance with mandatory tender agreement.