News In Brief: Lafayette, Calif., GOs Raised by S&P
- City rating affirmed. // Crain's New York Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p39
Reports on Standard and Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) A-minus rating on New York City's general obligation debt. Negative outlook for bonding; Criticism on the city's reliance on non-recurring revenues to mantain budget balance; Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s affirmed Baa1 rating; Boost to Mayor David...
- S&P Upgrades Conroe, Tex. Debt 2 Notches to AA-minus. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32947, p2
The article reports on a rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. on Conroe, Texas' water and sewer system revenue debt. The rating agency upgraded the city's debt two notches to AA-minus from A based on the system's good financial performance, as evidenced by strong liquidity and debt service...
- S&P revises California's GO debt to positive. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;02/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30333, p36
Reports that Standard & Poor's has revised its outlook on California's outstanding general obligation debt from stable to positive. Ratings given by other rating agencies; Reason for the upgrade; Factors that helped the state reduce its deficit in the unreserved general fund balance.
- S&P Lowers California's GO Rating. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's has downgraded California's general obligation debt as of April 24, 2001. Factors that contributed to the downgrading of the state's debt; Retention of the state's rating on CreditWatch with negative implications.
- Ratings reassessment. Sherman, Lynn; Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/09/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30845, p1
Focuses on the reassessment of ratings on appropriation-backed debt by Standard and Poor in the United States. Reliance of the states on appropriation-backed debt; Failure to reflect role of appropriation-backed debt in the rating criteria; Criticism on public finance enhancement; List of...
- Clark's Change of Plans. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p31
Reports that credit rating company Standard & Poor's Corp. has changed debts rating for Clark Regional Medical Center due to the center's decision to change its plan to issue additional debts to build a hospital.
- Calif. Road Agency Gets Junk Rating. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31638, p1
Standard & Poor's Corp. has lowered its rating on about $1.8 billion in debt issued by the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency in California to BB from BBB-minus. Analysts blamed the reduction to junk status on weaker-than-anticipated traffic and revenue for the Orange County toll...
- A Stable New York City. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p1
The outlook on New York City's debt was raised to stable from negative by Standard & Poor's Corp. on May 27, 2003 on the strength of a 2.7 billion dollar state assistance package that provides authorization to raise sales and income taxes and 1.2 billion dollar in direct state aid. Although the...
- Positively Albany. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's raised its credit outlook on the Albany city government of N.Y. from positive to stable. The improvement is attributed to the city's economic development and public investment. Albany will sell taxable and tax-exempt general...