Heartland's Receiver Enters Deal
- SEC's Overseer of Heartland Funds Hamstrung by Limited Disclosure. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p1
Reports that Philip Stern, United States Securities and Exchange Commission-appointed receiver charged with overseeing Heartland Group Inc. municipal bond funds seized by regulators, has been unable to determine values for nearly half of the securities in the portfolios. Filing of the report...
- Gimme Shelter. Doerner, William R. // Time;3/26/1973, Vol. 101 Issue 13, p104
The article reviews the book "The Rape of the Taxpayer," by Philip M. Stern.
- Pay Plan Set For Heartland Shareholders. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/25/2001, Vol. 388 Issue 31251, p1
Reports on the possibility for shareholders to get cash distribution from the sales of Heartland Group Inc. funds. Submission of liquidation plan by receiver in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois; Estimated amount of cash received by municipal bond fund shareholders...
- Wonderful Life. Allen, Chaz // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);12/9/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p2
The article focuses on the efforts of Phillip Van Doren Stern to publish wonderful short stories.
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Chelsea, Mass., returns to the market. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p6
Reports that the town of Chelsea, Massachusetts is planning to issue general obligation bonds on the third week of October 1997. Value of the bonds at stake; Comments from town officials.