DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS
- Index-Linked Muni Swaps. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31634, p29
Presents information related to the index-linked municipal swaps in the U.S. as of May 13, 2003. Fixed rate paid by the dealer receiving the index.
- Neb. HFA Eyes Swap Safety. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/15/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33433, p1
The article reports on the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (NIFA's) move that aimed at helping the authority manage swap risk in Nebraska. It states that NIFA faces a potential problem with debt that is hedged with interest-rate swaps and prepares two-part sale to aid manage swap risk. A...
- Vernon, Calif., to Price $110M. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;7/1/2015, p30
The article reports on the plan of industrial city of Vernon, California to issue taxable electric revenue bonds for interest rate savings in order to eliminate exposure to interest rate swaps and take advantage of low interest rates as of July 2015. Topics discussed include structure of the...
- Ohio Readies $200M GO Sale for School Program. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p4
Reports on the sale of general obligation variable rate bonds by the Ohio Public Facilities Commission. Establishment of a forward swap agreement; Conversion of the bonds to other interest rate modes; Role of liquidity in the consideration for bond ratings.
- Am empirical examination of the interest rate swap market. Malhotra, D.K. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p19
Investigates empirical evidence of the interest rate swap market. Presence of default risk premium in the swap quotes; Decline exhibited by the bid-offer since 1987; Significance of spread over the Treasuries; Existence of term premiums in rates quoted by swap dealers.
- On the edge of the pyramid. // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/14/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5957, p85
Discusses interest rate swaps. Definition of interest swapping; Financial profits derived from the swaps; Corrupt practices involving interest rate swapping.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Readies $240M Forward Swap. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p5
Reports on the move by the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission on August 4, 2004 to price a synthetic fixed-rate swap on $240 million in revenue bonds expected to be issued in 2006. Intention of locking in interest rates before they rise further; Comments of Nikolaus Grieshaber, director of...
- Conservative Issuers in Maryland Take Cautious Approach to Swaps. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31982, p1
Reports on the approach of municipal bond issuers in Maryland to interest-rate swaps. Swap legislation in the state; Reasons of municipal bond issuers for entering into swaps; Risks involved in swap agreements.
- Big Easy Airport Offering. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/30/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33031, p1
The article reports on the move of the New Orleans Aviation Board to refund all $113.3 million of its outstanding variable-rate debt and pay swap termination fees of up to $16.7 million for five related interest rate swaps with the proceeds from the negotiated sale of $138.8 million of...