THE TRADING FLOOR
- Share and Share Alike. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31610, p1
Since 1999, at least 48,000 dollars in federal campaign contributions made by municipal finance professionals at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based Commerce Capital Markets Inc. have been channeled to its parent bank's state political action committee. At least 26,000 dollars was then donated to...
- Commerce Wealth Unit Bucks Trend in Product Development. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;7/25/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 141, p7
Reports on the direction that the new head of New Jersey-based Commerce Bancorp Inc.'s wealth management unit wants to take in expansion of the unit. Comments from Stan Gregor, new president and chief executive of Commerce Capital Markets Inc.; Gregor's experience and employment background; How...
- Commerce Bancorp Suspends All Political Donations, Citing Bad Press. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/5/2003, Vol. 347 Issue 31775, p4
Reports on Commerce Bancorp Inc.'s suspension of all campaign contributions in the U.S. Scrutiny into the bank's use of its federal political action committee to channel contributions from municipal professionals at Commerce Capital Markets Inc.; Commerce's campaign donations since 1999.
- Wachovia Hires Exec from Commerce. // American Banker;8/2/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 148, p7
The article reports that Wachovia Corp. hired Stan Gregor as president of Wachovia Wealth Management's wealth markets and financial planning groups. Gregor will leave his position as president and chief executive officer of Commerce Capital Markets Inc. with New Jersey's Commerce Bancorp for his...
- Systems let N.J. bank keep pace with growth. Strachman, Daniel // American Banker;6/20/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 117, Management Strategies p5A
Reports on the technology used by Commerce Bancorp to keep up with its rapid growth. Automatic voice-response service; Consumer loan software; Teller system; Competition against bigger regional competitors in New Jersey; Growth in assets since 1990; Construction of new branches; Purchase of...
- Commerce To Leave Negotiated Business. D'Ambrosio, Jill; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p1
Reports on Commerce Bancorp Inc. president Vernon W. Hill II's announcement that the company will exit the negotiated municipal bond underwriting business, during a conference call. Indictment of Commerce executives on federal fraud charges; Broker-dealer unit, Commerce Capital Markets' focus on...
- How Do Reps Balance Being A Good Seller and a Good Adviser? Morris, Gregory DL // Bank Investment Consultant;Jun2002, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p14
Interviews several bank representatives in the U.S. Views of president Shean Flynn of Clippership Financial Services on the role of advisers; Focus of Greg Grice senior vice president for AmSouth in training; Absence of Flynn's bank trust to private banking.
- Dark futures, and questions of an industry's survival. Wendel, Charles B. // American Banker;7/15/1996 Supplement, Vol. 161, p12A
Presents the views of banking executives on their assessment of the industry in the United States. Role of branches; Role of technology in the alteration of the branch business; Risks companies need to address and overcome to improve performance.
- The rise of the operations executive. Heaney, Christopher K. // ABA Banking Journal;Jun85, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p190
Focuses on the increase of operation executive in the U.S. Stereotype of an operations executive; Effects of the need for banks to get products into the market on centralized operations; Training ground to learn the basics of management. INSET: Operations executives who moved up.