Municipals Fall as Treasuries Retreat; Portion of Florida Electric Deal Prices
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p38
Presents statistics on FIG stocks as of April 2003. Global FIG underwriting volume; Global volume by product; Global equity deals.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/29/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 37, p14
Presents information on private equity during the second quarter of 2003. Private equity fundraising activity by state and region in the U.S.; Top investment advisers on private equity fundraising in the U.S. and abroad; Implications on investment banking.
- Fees: Monthly Focus on Non-IPOs (1/1/03-9/22/03). // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/29/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 37, p25
Presents information on fees charged by investment dealers for stock offerings that are not initial public offerings (IPO) from January 1, 2003, to September 22, 2003. Fees for issuers of non-IPO deals; Fees for non-IPO issuers by industry; Implications on investment dealers.
- An Empirical Test of the Variable Beta Hypothesis: The Case of Three Major Airlines. Yu Hsing; Miller Jr., Joseph H. // American Business Review;Jun91, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p59
This paper examines time-varying betas based on the work of Jensen (1969), Lee (1976) Fabozzi, Francis and Lee (1980), and Bubnys and Lee (1989). Specifically, the following two hypotheses are tested. First, the constant beta assumption may be inappropriate, and secondly, betas may vary with the...
- A Discouraging Word. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p85
Disagrees against U.S. investing in foreign stocks. Reasons not to invest in foreign stocks; Comparison of U.S. and foreign stock valuations.
- Down, But Not Out. Reynolds, James E. // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p33
Examines the investment growth stocks in the U.S. Background on the Russell 1000 growth index that includes market capitalization stocks from 1995 to 1999; Arguments in favor of growth stocks; Trends in growth stocks from 1980 to 2002. INSET: The Growth Cycle.
- The New, New Thing: Managed accounts aren't an admission of defeat - they're a tool of broker liberation. Gresham, Steve // On Wall Street;Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Focuses on managed accounts of stocks and rules regarding the approach to be followed for their sale. Investment policy statement that needs to be created; Alternatives that need to be looked into; Issue regarding targeting several goals.
- A Bottom. Quickel, Stephen // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p72
Presents the view of the author on the possibility that the U.S. stock market will recover. View on investor confidence; Problems confronting the U.S. stock market.
- Death of Equities Still to Come. Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p73
Presents a view on the confidence in the long-term merits of stocks in the United States. Publication seeking to prove the superiority of stocks over bonds; Percentage of equity allocations.