For Sale: Bonds, Racetrack
- With Districts Seeking $8B, Texas' PSF May Reach Critical Mass. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;10/24/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32740, p36
The article reports on the capacity of the triple-A rated Permanent School Fund (PSF) in Dallas, Texas. It has been commented that with school districts seeking $8 billion of debt in the November 6, 2007 elections, the PSF may reach a critical mass. The Texas Education Agency, which administers...
- Texas lists possible school grant recipients. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on the Texas Education Agency's release of a list of school districts that could share state money to cover debt service on future bond issues. Total worth of funds to be shared by the school districts; Features of the instructional facilities allotments program by the agency;...
- GISD scores higher than state average in most areas. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;1/13/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that according to Academic Excellence Indicator System report of Texas Education Agency on district performance for the 2011- 2012 school year, Independent School District of Graham, Young County, Texas has scored higher.
- Texas education agency pays routine visit to Dallas' beleaguered school district. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/02/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30283, p37
Reports on a visit by the Texas Education Agency to the scandal-ridden Dallas Independent School District. Attempt by the Agency to downplay the visit; Contents of a letter sent the school district by the agency; Reference to problems which are plaguing the district; Other related information.
- Texas buying cooperative adds 10 school districts. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p10
Reports that the purchasing cooperative initiative of the Texas Education Agency continued to expand by adding ten additional school districts. Comments from Sandy Sadler, director of child programs for the agency; Reason districts in the Rio Grande Valley are merging their menus; Number of...
- BCISD employees to be fingerprinted. Denney, Lorene // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);12/19/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 51, p1A
The article reports that the Texas Education Agency is required to get national background checks and fingerprints of new employees at the Burnet County Consolidated Independent School District under Senate Bill 9.
- Texas agency paves way for huge burst of school debt. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/11/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30702, p5
Reports on the bond issue of the Texas Education Agency. Sharing of the debt service assistance; Facilities funding program of the state.
- Texas agency adjusts to alleviate budget strains in several districts. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30722, p4
Reports that the Texas Education Agency has agreed to postpone implementing part of a school funding formula. Unintended effects of the school finance law that the Texas Legislature passed in May 1999; Reduction of the debt service tax rate of the credit districts.
- WISD earns "recognized" rating by TEA. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the announcement of Texas Education Agency (TEA) that 239 school districts and 2,624 schools have received the state's highest accountability rating of Exemplary, while 597 district and 3, 153 schools including the Whitney Independent School District (WISD) have received...