N.Y. Judge Questions Fee Arrangement for MSA Lawyers
- Tobacco Bond Defaults Loom Even After Positive News. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/20/2013, p1
The article reports that positive cash flow developments from tobacco arbitration awards and settlement agreements could prevent the projected default dates for tobacco bonds. It discusses the report from municipal bond analyst Richard Larkin, director of credit analysis at Herbert J. Sims & Co,...
- Settlements should last. // Business Insurance;08/10/98, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p8
Opinion. Comments on structured settlement payments in the United States. Reference to legislation on the structured settlements; Details on the measure proposed by Representatives E. Clay Shaw Jr. and Fortney Stark; Citing of an excise tax penalty.
- LatAm structured finance to bloom in hard times ahead? Corrigan, Colleen // Asset Securitization Report;10/8/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p22
Focuses on the forecasted prevalence of structured finance transactions in the Latin American market. Increase in the volume of future flows deals; Impact of global hardships on securitization; Reasons for the willingness of investors to take on structured deals.
- Structured settlement cos. target new markets. Crosson, Cynthia // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/15/93, Vol. 97 Issue 46, p10
Highlights alternative market potentials for structured settlement annuities. Workers' compensation and environmental claims; Typical beneficiary; Provisions under the tax code; Tax treatment and the assignment of liability for environmental cleanup.
- Buyers take structure out of structured settlements. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/21/97, Vol. 101 Issue 29, p7
Reports that the turning of annuity rights used to settle lawsuits into cash, are being practiced by members of the National Association of Settlement Purchasers (NASP). Comments from David Lewis, a spokesman for a member of the NASP's association; Why settlement purchasers rose; Arguments of...
- Mining for prospects in structured settlement Mkt. McNay, Don // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/02/96, Vol. 100 Issue 49, p7
Presents information on the industry of using structured settlement annuities to settle personal injury claims. How insurance agents can participate in the business; Traditional purchase of structured settlements.
- New markets are emerging for SS annuities. Shumate, W. Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/17/95, Vol. 99 Issue 29, p21
Reports on environmental clean-up settlements as a growing market in the structured settlement industry. Definition of structured settlements; Rise in use of structured settlements; Growth fostered by increasing recognition of underlying value of structured settlement; Uses in other areas of...
- Utah pays 3rd installment of Pelt settlement. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;7/19/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 29, pA1
The article reports on the third installment paid by Utah for the Pelt settlement worth 33 million dollars.
- Future Funding. // Time;10/18/1982, Vol. 120 Issue 16, p120
The article focuses on the emergence of a structured settlement of malpractice lawsuits in 1982 in the U.S.