Provisions of Accounting Reform Bill Will Affect Municipals
- Contabilidad pï¿½blica Adaptaciï¿½n al sistema de Seguridad Social. // Revista Contable;oct2012, Issue 4, p99
No abstract available.
- Contabilidad pÃºblica. // Revista Contable;dic2012, Issue 6, p106
No abstract available.
- New rules on provisions. // Accountancy;Jun2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1282, p97
The article focuses on new rules on accountancy provisions in France. Provisions are one of the most sensitive areas in financial reporting, but, this is an area in which the French standard setter had not issued any specific guidance. Existing French rules conflict with international practice...
- Regulation of Lawyer Conduct Under Sarbanes-Oxley: Minimizing Law-Firm Liability by Encouraging Adoption of Qualified Legal Compliance Committees. Snyder, Jeffrey I. // Review of Litigation;Winter2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p223
Discusses the regulation of corporate and securities lawyers under the U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Role of the Securities and Exchange Commission in setting minimum standards of professional conduct for lawyers appearing and practicing before the commission in the representation of issuers;...
- SEC adopts new rules for accountants. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the accounting policy adopted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Compliance date for the completion of audits and reviews; Provisions of the law; Requirement of accounting firms to keep audit records.
- Innocent among EEC Directives. Hill, Christopher // Accountancy;Aug1976, Vol. 87 Issue 996, p96
Focuses on the effects of the European Communities Commission financial directives on accountants in Great Britain. Limitation of the directive on insurance brokers and agents; Difficulty in defining insider trading; Details of the directive on stock exchange quotations.
- The HOT seat. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/12/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 39, p1A
Reports on the effect of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on corporate counsels in the U.S. Responsibilities of corporate counsels; Application of the law to accountants, corporate officers and counsels; Adoption of the law by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ask the adviser. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Mar2014, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p16
The article presents answers to several questions as of March 2014, focusing on issues such as Bitcoin virtual currency, U.S. Social Security benefits, and the laws regarding designations of beneficiaries for individual retirement accounts (IRAs) in America.
- Executive Briefs. // CIO Insight;Aug2003, Issue 29, p79
Presents several abstracts of articles published in the August 2003 issue of the journal 'CIO Insight.' 'Trends: Re-engineering Redux,' by Marcia Stepanek; 'Whiteboard: How to Improve Your IT Security Policy,' by Gary Lynch and Karen Avery; 'Research: Managing Security'; 'Strategic Technology:...