Municipalities Have Tough Choices As Military Facilities Face Closure
- Glenview, Ill., Hits Market to Further Navy Base Redevelopment. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p38
Reports on Glenview, Illinois' plans to issue $41.8 million of general obligation bonds to aid in completing infrastructure improvements in the Glenview Naval Air Station redevelopment project. Rating of the bond issue; Funding sources for the project.
- Colchester reaches close after a four-year process. // Public Private Finance;Feb2004, Issue 80, p3
Reports that a public finance initiative contract to redevelop and operate Colchester Garrison has reached financial close in Great Britain. RMPA Services' issuance of bond to fund the building project; Scheduled date of completion; Total number of residences planned for the Urban Village that...
- Military Base Bill Cleared. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32342, p35
The article reports that the New Jersey Assembly has passed the Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Act. The bill aims to help the state redevelop the military base which is scheduled for closure. The bill establishes the Fort Monmouth Redevelopment Authority which will have the power to issue...
- The Commission House of S. Isaac, Campbell & Co., a Military Supply Broker. Barry, Craig L.; Burt, David C. // Military Collector & Historian;Winter2010, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p244
The article focuses on the Commission House of S. Isaac, Campbell & Company, a military supply broker to the Confederacy during the U.S. Civil War. Topics covered include how the British government did not interfere with Confederate purchases from their own commercial military installations...
- N.Y.C.'s Military Homes. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p35
Reports on the ground breaking of the city of New York on private military housing project that was financed earlier in 2004 with taxable bonds. Sale of the taxable bonds in May 2004 by the New York City Housing Development Corp. to help finance the project; Allocation of the military housing...
- Cold Lake matures into strategic base. Mann, P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/28/87, Vol. 127 Issue 13, p124
CFB Cold Lake Alberta, already a strategic termination point for US cruise missile tests, is becoming a strategic asset in its own right for North American air defense and protection of the vast Arctic region. In December 1988, Canada will have eight CF-18 squadrons, three of them stationed at...
- flying high. Anderson, Rob // New Orleans Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p28
No abstract available.
- Golden Gate to get Presidio army base. // National Parks;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 63 Issue 7/8, p14
Discusses plans to transfer San Francisco's Presidio military base to Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Calif. Base Closure Act; Opposition to the transfer; Transfer costs.
- Historic Presidio joins national park system. // National Parks;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 68 Issue 9/10, p16
Reports that the San Francisco, Calif.-based Presidio Army base will become part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area on September 30, 1994. Base's cultural, natural and historic significance; Bill to set up a public benefit corporation to manage the site's historic buildings; Opposition...