Health Care Systems Try Auction Rate
- St. Louis system goes extra mile in Baldrige Award competition. Nordhaus-Bike, Anne // AHA News;01/29/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p10
Provides information on different measures undertaken by the SSM Health Care in order to win the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for outstanding health care service. Establishment of the award giving body to foster competitiveness in the United States medical industry; Implementation of...
- Rare breed. Nordhaus-Bike, Anne // Materials Management in Health Care;Jan2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on how healthcare organization SSM Health Care System's effort to seek a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, an award created by the United States Congress in 1987 to strengthen industrial competitiveness. Education of SSM senior managers on the award's seven criteria; Award level...
- HOW HEALTH CARE WON ITS FIRST BALDRIGE. Dunn, Philip; Santamour, Bill // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2003, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p67
Relates how SSM Health Care won the 2003 National Baldridge National Quality Award. Core values and concepts of SSM; Benefits of acquiring a Baldridge award; Overview of the key steps on the company's quality journey.
- BLAZING TRAILS. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jan2003, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p16
Presents information on the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award received by SSM Health Care in Saint Louis, Missouri. Background on the award; Services offered by the health care system.
- Southwest. // Modern Healthcare;8/8/94, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p100
Provides information on developments in the health care system in Southwest United States. Application for a federal Medicaid waiver by the state of Missouri; Construction of a replacement facility for Malcolm Bliss Mental Health Center in St. Louis, Missouri; Acquisition of St. Charles Clinic...
- The View from Mount Olympus. Gardner, Karen // Trustee;Sep2003, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p2
Focuses on editorial awards. Honors won by the "Trustee" magazine. Reason for SSM Health Care's winning of the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award.
- TOPS IN QUALITY. Sandrick, Karen // Trustee;Sep2003, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on SSM Health Care, the first health care system to win the Malcolm Bridge National Quality Award. Background on the Baldridge Award; Commitment of the Franciscan Sisters of Mary, sponsors of SSM, to providing high-quality medical care; Mission and values of SSM; Communication methods...
- SSM Health Care Offers 1st Piece of$755M Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/29/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32164, p1
Reports that St. Louis-based SSM Health Care Inc. has launched the first piece of its largest deal ever, which comprised of mixed new money and refunding floating-rate issue made up of four series in the U.S. Role of the Missouri Health and Educational Facilities Authority as issuer for the...
- Achieving and Sustaining Quality in Healthcare. Ryan, Mary Jean // Frontiers of Health Services Management;Spring2004, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
SSM Health Care (SSMHC), the first healthcare recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, has been cited by both Baldrige and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations as having a culture of continuous quality improvement (CQI). SSM Health Care began to...