Protecting the purity of the Virgin brand
- AN EXPLORATORY STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF MANAGERIAL FRAMES OF REFERENCE ON PRODUCT DECISIONS. Lee, James M.; Mowen, John C. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1998, Vol. 9, p75
Examines the influence of managerial frames of reference on product decisions. Sources of competitive advantage; Focus on lowering cost; Analysis on the capabilities of the competitors.
- KEYS to Successful Product Planning. Ames, B. Charles // Business Horizons;Summer66, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p49
Provides tips in achieving a successful product and marketing planning. Importance of marketing planning on the competitive marketplace; Use of product management concept in several industries; Role of the top management on marketing planning.
- the frontline. // Marketing Week;4/15/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p27
The article presents insights about brand power trends from several marketing executives in Great Britain including Kevin Peake of Npower, Brian Waring of Starbucks U.K. and Ireland, David Kisilevski of Burger King, and Matt Coombe of Sony U.K.
- Do Brand Manager Credentials Still Matter? Bissell, John // Brandweek;03/26/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p16
Discusses the importance of the credentials of brand managers in the advertising industry. Marketing career paths of brand managers; Comparison of traditional marketing executives with the new generation of executives; Survey on the important skill sets for the executives.
- mark ritson. Ritson, Mark // Marketing Week (01419285);10/28/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p20
The article discusses the views of Mark Ritson concerning the significant role of marketing to the success of a business in Great Britain. Ritson reveals that marketers tend to argue that company invests in marketing to increase brand awareness, differentiation and creating a consistent look and...
- Firetrap boss takes Pepe Jeans UK helm. // Marketing Week (01419285);12/19/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p6
Reports on the selection of Terry Pearman for the position of sales and marketing director at Pepe Jeans in Great Britain. Career history of Pearman; Formulation of a retail plan; Increase of public awareness on the brand.
- BRAND MANAGER OF THE WEEK. // Marketing (00253650);3/20/2003, p48
Presents an interview of Eileen Livingston, selected as brand manager of the week starting March 17, 2003 in Great Britain. Professional background of Livingston.
- Survey: tech CMOs struggle with budget. Callahan, Sean // B to B;2/10/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the strategy adopted by the technology companies to give more priority over branding according to a survey Marketing Under Siegeing 2002 conducted by technology marketing executives. Organizations conducting the survey; Findings that suggest challenges faced by chief marketing...
- Unilever creates tier of worldwide brand directors. Arnold, Matthew; Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);10/4/2001, p1
Reports that Unilever PLC has created international brand director roles for the top marketers in its home and personal care division.