Dinosaurs help save UK TV from global extinction
- BBC World pushes into crowded Asia Pacific. Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p25
Deals with the efforts of BBC Worldwide, a news and information television channel, to boost its advertising revenue in Asia Pacific. Household reach of BBC in Asia Pacific; Advertisers of BBC; Reasons behind the importance of localization for broadcasters and advertisers in Asia Pacific.
- Beeb bolsters coin for Natural History net. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;10/28/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 16, p12
Reports on BBC Worldwide's long-term investment plan for the BBC's Natural History unit. Landmark series included in the almost 100 hours of new programming.
- A CHINESE EXPANSION. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;8/6/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the launch of a dedicated content market in China by BBC Worldwide Ltd.
- BEEB SHOWS HIT ROAD. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;10/8/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the commercial unit of the BBC, BBC Worldwide's deals at the Mipcom. Agreement with the Australian Broadcasting Corp. for 'Fimbles'; Multigenre output deal with Belgian commercial broadcaster VRT; Output deals with Russian national broadcaster RTR's channel Kultura and distributor...
- Corrections. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p23
Presents a correction to the article that was published in previous issues. "We Want Their Shows, They Want Ours" published in January 23, 2006; "The Era of Good Dealing," published in January 30, 2006.
- BBC WW opens supply-line to Iraq. // Televisual;Sep2005, p13
Reports that BBC Worldwide Ltd. has closed its first deal in Iraq with an initial one-year agreement to provide news to the Iraqi television channel, Al Hurra.
- BEEB IS BOFFO O'SEAS. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;2/22/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 60, p11
Reports the revenue gained by BBC Worldwide from program exports in London, England. Amount of the revenue; Popularity of the television program 'The Weakest Link'; Impact of joint ventures with Discovery.
- Now there's a where for 'Who' clips. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;1/5/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the archive clips featured at the "Doctor Who" YouTube channel in which BBC Worldwide Ltd. intends to attract the viewers of the Classic Doctor Who television channel.
- BBC has MIP-TV down to a science. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;04/11/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the package deals, renewals and program presales made by Great Britain-based BBC Worldwide in the opening day of the 2000 MIP-TV trade show. Renewal of contracts with TVNZ of New Zealand, Italian broadcaster RAI and Norway's NRK; Nine presale partners signed for its natural history...