The NMA will offer proof of newspapers' research
- Single-copy success. Stein, M.L. // Editor & Publisher;12/07/96, Vol. 129 Issue 49, p19
Focuses on `San Diego Union-Tribune' circulation director Mike Proebstle's discussion of single-copy newspaper sales and ways to maximize revenues at the 78th annual sales conference of the Cal Western Circulation Managers Association in Monterey, California. Conventions and special events as...
- PANPA: Pacific Area newspapers tackle the issues, see new products. Solimeno, William // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;06/09/97, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p3
Highlights developments at the 1997 Pacific Area Newspaper Publishers Association's (PANPA) conference. Projections for the growth in Pacific Area publishers' circulation and advertising revenue; Decline in newspaper readership; Changing nature of readers; Trend in digital advertisements;...
- The trajectory of EVOLUTION. PANKHURST, TIM // AdMedia;Oct2012, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p47
The article discusses the rebranding of New Zealand's Newspaper Publishers' Association as News Works NZ to reflect the publishing across multiple platforms. The trade association stresses that its brands known as mastheads have 150 years of trust, editorial credibility and objectivity. At the...
- Newspaper metrics row a hot potato. Addington, Tim // B&T Magazine;6/26/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 2695, p5
The author comments on a decision by Australia's Newspaper Works to launch a tender for a new method of readership measurement. According to the author, the availability of different sets of data and methodologies for the same medium has implication for advertisers and their agencies. He cites...
- 4A's hits newspapers' national rates. Fisher, C.; Mandese, J. // Advertising Age;6/1/92, Vol. 63 Issue 22, p40
Reports on the newspaper advertising rate disparity between national and local charges as it is at an all-time high according to a new American Association of Advertising Agencies study. Details of the survey; The national/local differential; Comments; Media buyers were disappointed by the...
- Threats vs. persuasion. // Advertising Age;6/29/92, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p17
Presents a commentary by Sid Bernstein stating that the National Newspaper Publishers Association believes they are not getting their share of Procter & Gamble advertising; Threat of a boycott; Unusual element of the use of a boycott to encourage advertising; Details.
- Daily newspapers. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p37
Ranks daily newspapers in New Jersey by combined circulation. Includes `The Star-Ledger'; `Asbury Park Press'; `The Record'; `Courier-Post.'
- Look for television in tomorrow's newspaper. Foisie, Geoffrey // Broadcasting & Cable;4/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p72
Looks at the possibility of bringing the news service into the video news business being considered by Knight-Ridder's Information Design Laboratory and CableLabs. Associated Press to vote on the issue; High-8 cameras used by Knight-Ridder; Features of the newspaper tablet; Advantage of this...
- Guide to N.Y. area dailies. Feliciano, Carmen // Crain's New York Business;1994 Book of Lists, Vol. 9 Issue 52, p55
Presents a guideline on the different daily newspapers in counties of New York and some counties of New Jersey; Information on the general interest daily newspapers; Circulation; Advertising rates; Number of employees; Top executive; Editors; Location of the offices of the dailies.