.biz battle in High Court
- Internet name game bedeviling businesses. Fitzgerald, Kate // Crain's Chicago Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 18, pSR16
Reports the concern of companies in the protection of their corporate Web site domain names. Disruption of online services caused by impostors; Emergence of Internet domain name disputes; Online solutions for name protection.
- DOT COM-PETITION. // Working Mother;Apr2001, p22
Identifies seven additional Web-address endings made available in year 2001.
- Don't say the dirty word. // Australian Personal Computer;May99, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the policy administration of Internet Names Australia (INA). Implications of the approval and pull out of the domain name http://www.f##k.com.au; Modification of the INA policy to encompass obscenity as grounds for refusing domain registration; Arbitration agreement in place for the...
- Net rich quick! Kidman, Angus // Australian Personal Computer;Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p70
Narrates a personal experience in making money on the Internet in Australia. Involvement in a test on the methods for making money; Failure to implement pay-to-surf schemes; Attempts to conduct an auction for a domain name.
- What's in a Domain Name? Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;04/24/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the ranking of Orange County, California in domain name statistics released by Network Solutions for the month of January 2000. Top ten registrars of domain names in terms of occupation, organization or industry segments in the United States; First-time domain name buyers; Ranking of...
- What's your name? Dancer, Helen // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/23/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6225, p84
Discusses rules for naming a Web site and getting it registered in Australia. Registration of Internet domain names at Internet Names Worldwide (INW); Categories of domain names; Common domain extensions which denote the purpose for which the Web site was built; Barring of generic names and...
- The need for DNS resiliency. Gezelter, Robert // Network World;4/7/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p41
Stresses the need for resiliency in the Domain Name System (DNS), which translates domain names into Internet Protocol addresses. Misconception that a company's Internet service provider is responsible for providing servers to answer queries for the company's domains; Need for companies to...
- One heck of a good idea: Seven new domains to fix the domain name crisis. Dugan, Sean M. // InfoWorld;02/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p114
Comments on the problems with domain names in the Internet. Consumerism of top-level domains; Greed of aspiring Internet companies; Views on cybersquatters.
- Australia's domain shame. Angus, Fiona // Australian Personal Computer;Jul2001, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the problems in the global domain industry of Australia. Impact of system breakdowns, high prices and poor service on the country's Internet industry; Melbourne IT's plans regarding the .biz domain space; Need to deregulate the industry in order to reduce the price of .com.au addresses.