Â£3m McDonald's Popstars tie--up
- McD's helps Nickelodeon count down to millennium. Kramer, Louise // Advertising Age;1/25/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p59
This article reports that fastfood chain McDonald's Corp. will sponsor the Nickellennium TV program to be aired on the Nickelodeon network in the U.S. on New Year's Day 2000. Rather than focus on the past 1,000 years, Nickelodeon will look ahead to the year 3000, interviewing children about...
- Fox banks on 'Moolah.' Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;9/3/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 36, p8
This article reports that Kellogg USA and McDonald's Corp. have agreed to be the principal sponsors of Fox Family Worldwide's six-part reality television series Moolah Beach. The show is a sort of Survivor for the teen set where coed teams compete in various challenges in Hawaii for a $25,000...
- Dubble sponsors Comic Relief Big Brother special. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/8/2001, p1
Reports that Dubble, the chocolate bar endorsed by Comic Relief and Fair Trade, will sponsor the 'Celebrity Big Brother' TV show on Channel 4 in Great Britain.
- Carlton hunts sponsor for Peak Practice. // Marketing Week;10/28/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p12
Reports on Great Britain-based Carlton TV's search for a corporate sponsor for the television program `Peak Practice.' Background on the program.
- Survivor sponsor Macleans looks to have the best deal. Smith, Craig // Marketing (00253650);5/24/2001, p23
Comments on toothpaste company Macleans' sponsorship deal with Great Britain-based television network ITV for the reality television program 'Survivor' as of May 24, 2001. Risk taken by Macleans in deciding to sponsor the program.
- Vizzavi ties with Pop Idols in Pound 2m sponsorship first. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);7/26/2001, p1
Announces the televisions sponsorship debut of Vizzavi, the Internet portal joint-owned by Vodapone and Vivendi. Deal to back 'Pop Idols' on ITV; Value of the deal; Format of the series.
- Distributor Reels in Business with "BattleBots". // Electrical Wholesaling;Jul2002, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p10
Reports the sponsorship of the television airing of BattleBots by Bucklesï¿½Smith. Details on the passion of the company for robotics; Concept of the program; Commercialization of various types of robots.
- Tacos or diamonds? Ephron, Erwin // MediaWeek;09/21/98, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p18
Focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of sponsorship of television programs for companies. Assumptions made by companies involved in sponsorship; Biggest flaw of sponsorship as a strategy; Television sponsorship as a waste of money.
- C4 starts 10m British pound bidding war... Benady, David // Marketing Week;10/12/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p7
Reports that Great Britain's Channel 4 has set into motion a four-million pound bidding competition for corporate sponsorship for three of its most successful Friday night television series. Comedy 'Frasier'; Dramas 'Ally McBeal' and 'ER.'