Diageo signs up to Celtic football bid
- Diageo's deal opens field for spirits sponsors. MacArthur, Kate; Thomaselli, Rich // Advertising Age;1/26/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the motorsport sponsorship contract signed by Diageo for Crown Royal whiskey brand. Application of the brand as the title sponsor of the International Race of Champions; Significance of the move on Diageo; Efforts of Diageo to market the brand.
- The NBA Picks up Diageo Brands in Multiyear Sponsorship Deal. // Promotional Marketing;11/21/2013, p1
The article focuses on a sponsorship deal in which alcoholic beverage company Diageo will be the exclusive spirits partner of the National Basketball Association (NBA), involving a marketing campaign featuring the Crown Royal whisky brand and Ciroc vodka brand.
- Rugby kicks Shamrock into touch. Newland, Francesca // Marketing Week;10/29/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p7
Reports that Guinness Brewing Worldwide is training its bar staff to finish the advertising print of its sponsorship of the 1999 Rugby World Cup. Developer of the identity for Guinness' sponsorship program; Host and sponsors of the 1999 Rugby World Cup.
- GLOBAL: Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence. Wehring, Olly // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);9/21/2014, p5
The article reports on the partnership formed by wine company Diageo with the organiser of the Formula One motor racing season in 2014 which will make its Johnnie Walker brand as the sport's official whisky.
- Guinness sponsorship aims for the rugby audience. Black, Robyn // Morning Advertiser;11/11/2010, Issue 518, p46
The article reports on the sponsorship deals signed by Diageo PLC with the English Rugby Union, Scottish Rugby, Welsh Rugby Union and Premiership Rugby to try to reach a wider rugby audience for its Guinness campaign aiming to strengthen links with the sport in Great Britain.
- US: Diageo ponders LA Clippers deal after NBA acts over Sterling. Wilmore, James // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);5/3/2014, p10
The article reports that the sponsorship of the Los Angeles Clippers is being reviewed by Diageo due to the lifetime ban by the National Basketball Association (NBA) of the basketball team's owner, Donald Sterling, because of racist comments.
- NASCAR drinks up pitch for hard liquor sponsors. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p3A
Reports that liquor company, Diageo PLC, the client of Indianapolis, Indiana-based marketing firm, Just Marketing Co., has signed a sponsorship deal with the Roush Racing team of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR). Value of the deal; Amount that will be earned by Just...
- Johnnie Walker Plays The Field with Sports. Hein, Kenneth // Brandweek;8/8/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 29, p9
Reports on a sports-related advertising campaign to be launched for Scotch brand Johnnie Walker by Diageo in the U.S. in 2005. Target markets; Features of its baseball- and football-related advertisements; Background on the sponsorship of the Formula One West McLaren Mercedes car by Johnnie Walker.
- HHCL and O&M fight for Guinness Rugby World Cup initiative. Green, Harriet // Campaign;10/24/97, Issue 43, p1
Reports that Guinness Brewing Worldwide has invited Ogilvy & Mather and HHCL & Partners to develop ideas for its sponsorship of the Rugby World Cup in 1999.