Avis chooses American Express marketer for top UK sales position
- Avis names head to lead retail and marketing teams. // Marketing (00253650);4/24/2003, p4
Avis Rent-A-Car Inc., Europe's biggest car rental firm, has merged its Great Britain marketing and retail teams, following the departure of head of marketing Susan Yallop earlier in 2003.To replace her, Avis has appointed Sarah Kadodwala to head both its marketing and retail teams in the...
- Checking in checking out. // Business Travel World;Jul2003, p50
Presents updates on personnel changes among executives in the travel industry as of July 2003. Matt Andres from Avis Rent A Car UK; Steven Busby at Rosenbluth; Kevin King at Travel Co.
- Business & Finance. // Christian Science Monitor;5/25/99, Vol. 91 Issue 125, p24
Presents business news briefs for May 25, 1999. Reasons why United States employers see no need to drop their level of staffing needs during the third quarter; Decision of Avis Rent A Car to buy Cendant Corp.; Decrease seen in the sales of Toyota automobiles in 1998.
- Brandweek people. // Brandweek;04/23/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p36
Features two marketing executives in the United States who were promoted in their respective companies. Scott Deaver as executive vice president at Avis Rent A Car; Anne Tawney as senior vice president of marketing at Jiffy Lube.
- Agent incentives. // Travel Agent;06/02/97, Vol. 286 Issue 6, p46
Reports that Avis Rent-a-Car System is offering its `One Day Free With a Weekly Rental' program for travel agents.
- Rent a stock. // Crain's New York Business;09/29/97, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p54
Reports that the shares of Avis Rent A Car Incorporated rose in first-day trading, benefiting from the rental-car company's low initial price. Factors that boosted the price; How the rental company's shares were priced.
- More acquisitions for Avis. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/18/98, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p15
Reports on Avis Rent-A-Car Systems Inc.'s completion of its purchase of the Avis system franchises and related vehicles for several cities around the United States. Value of the acquisition; Avis' strategy to increase the number of airport locations it owns; Settlement of a discrimination...
- STOP PRESS 020-8267 4567. // Marketing (00253650);1/22/2004, p2
The article presents news items related to recruitment of employees in various companies in the marketing sector as of January 22, 2004. Burton's Foods has appointed Premier Foods Inc. marketing general manager Jaspal Chada to the post of marketing director. Chada replaces marketing director...
- Don't know where to turn? Your car may tell you. Giddings, Paull M. // Medical Economics;10/09/95, Vol. 72 Issue 19, p18
Features the technological aspects of rental automobiles from Avis. Use of a navigation system for directions in unfamiliar areas; Places covered; Plans for the addition of digital maps; Rental rates for automobiles.