ISBA slams Demos 'fat tax' proposals
- The Wrong Defense for Tackling Obesity. Esmail, Nadeem; Brown, Jeremy // Fraser Forum;May2005, p3
Examines the costs obese people impose on healthy Canadians through an increased burden on the tax-financed health care system. Tax on foods high in fat or sugar; Elimination of advertisement of high-fat and high-sugar foods; Proposal to create public spaces and public infrastructure for...
- Lib Dems propose food ad levy to pay for health drive. // Campaign;9/24/2004, Issue 39, p4
This article reports that the Liberal Democrats of Great Britain, have called for a levy on the advertising budgets of food companies to fund government healthy eating campaigns. The party's annual conference in Bournemouth, England, approved a policy paper calling for a voluntary levy to be...
- the latest nutrition & physical activity policies. Muth, Natalie Digate // IDEA Fitness Journal;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p50
The article discusses developments in nutrition and physical activity policies in the U.S. A 2009 study released by the Center for Science in the Public Interest revealed that one-third of Americans consume their daily calories away from home. To address the health and nutrition problems, the...
- It always went with eggs, bacon, sausage. Now it... Picardie, Ruth // New Statesman & Society;06/14/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4288, p26
Talks about the relaunching of Spam with a national television campaign in Great Britain. Target market for the campaign; Failure of Newforge Foods to launch Spam in France; Spamaphobia in Britain.
- Food. Spethmann, Betsy // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p10
Reports on developments in food advertising in the United States in 1996. Popularity of customized local advertising; Focus on retailer-specific campaigns.
- Ad campaigns pump up nutritional foods. Freeman, Laurie // Discount Store News;5/6/96, Vol. 35 Issue 9, pF37
Focuses the growth of advertising campaigns for nutritional foods in the United States. Themes; Outlook for nutritional supplements; Comments from industry executives.
- Food commercials during television soap operas: What is the nutrition message? Lank, Nancy H.; Vickery, Connie E. // Journal of Community Health;Dec92, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p377
Examines the dietary composition of food products advertised during soap operas and the health and nutrition claims made on their behalf, using current dietary recommendations as a basis of evaluation. Introduction; Methods; Results; Percent of food items from commercials `high' in various...
- Wooing health-conscious consumers. // U.S. News & World Report;8/4/86, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p46
The scramble to put a healthy face on products that have a bad image. Looks at beef, butter, coffee, cigarettes.
- Dramatic growth in mass media food advertising in the 1980's. Sun, Theresa Y.; Blaylock, James R. // FoodReview;Sep-Dec93, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the growth in media advertising for food between 1980 and 1990. Emergence of trends including the promotion of dining out; Total costs of food industry advertising 1980, 1985 and 1990; Generic advertising expenditures; Television advertising; Brand advertising of food away from home. ...