Boots--Egg card venture to end
- Boots puts Â£3m behind Advantage revamp job. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);3/28/2002, p4
Reports the relaunching of the Advantage Card loyalty scheme of Boots Co. in Great Britain. Benefits of the cardholders; Expansion of healthand wellbeing products and services; Features of the Health and Beauty magazine.
- Boots relaunches Advantage card. // Marketing Week;5/10/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p8
Reports the relaunching of the Boots Advantage credit card in Great Britain. Offer of incentives and awards to the majority female customers; Increase of the card's annual percentage rate; Comparison between the Advantage card and the Egg credit card.
- Egg plots retention assault to combat credit card war. Mutel, Glen // Precision Marketing;4/19/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p3
Reports on a customer retention campaign to be launched by Egg to promote its rebranding and enhanced product offering in Great Britain. Details on the campaign; Designer of the campaign; Enhanced product offerings of Egg; Competitors of Egg in the credit card market.
- Egg Card performs U-turn and drops 'no frills' stance. // Marketing Week;9/20/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p6
Focuses on the promotional policies of the Egg Card in Great Britain. Incentives and discounts offered by the card; Impact of customer feedback; Distinction between the lower cost Egg Card and Boots Advantage card.
- Egg backs launch of credit card in France with Â£50m. // New Media Age;11/7/2002, p13
Focuses on the credit card launch of online bank Egg in France. Cost of the marketing campaign to back the launch of the La Carte Egg credit card; Components of the marketing drive; Number of consumers targeted by Egg.
- Boots launches hunt for loyalty partners. Carter, Ben // Marketing (00253650);4/6/2005, p15
The article reports that Boots Co. PLC is to offer its Advantage Card loyalty scheme to third-parties for the first time. The chemist is searching for retail and business partners that will award Advantage Card points as incentives to customers or employees. Recipients will be able to redeem...
- UK payments: cheques checking out. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Nov2006, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p98
The article reports on the growing popularity of card-based payments than checks in Great Britain. Supermarkets Tesco and Asda have begun restricting check transactions. Also, Shell no longer accepts them at its forecourts in the country. Moreover, Boots Co. PLC has announced that it will now...
- Egg: cracking French credit cards. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;February 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p65
Reports on the success of Egg's cashback Visa card in the French market. Features of the product; Reasons behind the success of the introduced product; Trading statement released by the company; Characteristics of French consumers.
- FINANCIAL SERVICES. // Marketing Week (01419285);10/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p63
Reports on the rise in Egg's customer base due to its success in the financial services market in Great Britain. Impact of Egg's brand positioning of bringing freedom to people's finances on customers; Egg's share of the internet-opened credit cards compared to others; Comparison of its...