Umbilical epidermoid cyst: an unusual cause of umbilical symptoms
- Double-Ligature: A Treatment for Pedunculated Umbilical Granulomas in Children. Lotan, Gad; Klin, Barch; Efrati, Yigal // American Family Physician;5/15/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p2067
Umbilical granulomas are common inflammatory reactions to the resolving umbilical stump. The double-ligature technique is simple to perform and provides good cosmetic and functional results with only minor complications. The granuloma becomes necrotic and drops off within seven to 14 days. The...
- Prevalence of umbilical cord cysts in early pregnancy. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;10/15/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p1668
Presents a summary of the article `Umbilical Cord Cysts in Early Pregnancy,' by J.A. Ross, et al from the journal `Obstetrics & Gynecology' dated 1997. Outcome on women with singleton pregnancies who were undergoing ultrasonography; Indication for fetal karyotyping.
- umbilicus. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p770
An encyclopedia entry for "umbilicus" is presented. It refers to the scar on the abdomen after the umbilical cord is cut and its stump falls off. It is otherwise known as the navel or belly button. Disorders of the umbilicus include infection, umbilical hernia, granulomas, cancer, and endometriosis.
- Multiple bilateral vocal fold cysts and recurrent pyogenic 'granuloma.' Sataloff, Robert T.; Hawkshaw, Mary J. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p72
Presents the case of a 45-year-old patient diagnosed with multiple bilateral vocal fold cysts and recurrent pyogenic `granuloma.' Chief complaints of the patient; Method used for diagnosing the patient; Information on the treatment given.
- Allantoic cyst: a prenatal clue to patent urachus. Bunch, Paul T.; Kline-Fath, Beth M.; Imhoff, Steven C.; Calvo-Garcia, Maria A.; Crombleholme, Timothy M.; Donnelly, Lane F. // Pediatric Radiology;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p1090
A patent urachus, which is typically diagnosed as leakage from the umbilicus postnatally, can present as an allantoic cyst in the umbilical cord antenatally. We report a case of a patent urachus with an allantoic cyst diagnosed via fetal MR imaging at 24 weeksï¿½ gestation. Early detection...
- Umbilical Cord Anomalies. Ashington, Gail // Ultrasound;May2009, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p106
Cord cysts are a rare occurrence and are usually insignificant to the pregnancy if an isolated finding. True cysts have an epithelial lining and may represent a remnant of the allantois during cord formation 1Cysts can reach several centimeters in...
- Umbilical Cord Cyst on Antenatal Ultrasonogram: A marker for Trisomy 18. Girisha, K. M.; Goel, Himanshu; Phadke, Shubha R. // Perinatology: Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Care;Jul-Oct2008, Vol. 10 Issue 4/5, p135
The article discusses the impact of sonography on the umbilical cord. It states that anomalies involving the umbilical cord are increasingly being detected antenatally with increased use of sonography in prenatal care. There are accordingly reports which indicate that prevalence of umbilical...
- Patent Vitellointestinal Duct: A Close Differential Diagnosis of Umbilical Granuloma: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Piparsaliya, Saurabh; Joshi, Milind; Rajput, Nitin; Zade, Priti // Surgical Science;May2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p134
Umbilical granuloma is a very common cause of umbilical discharge. It is managed by chemical cauterization or simple thread ligation. However, it can be a differential diagnosis of patent vitello intestinal duct and this should be ruled out before managing such patients. We report a case of a...
- Nonsurgical Management of a Periapical Cyst: A Case Report. Dandotikar, Deepakraj; Peddi, Ravigna; Lakhani, Bharvi; Lata, Kamini; Mathur, Aditi; Chowdary, Uday Kumar // Journal of International Oral Health;
Large periapical lesions, regardless of whether they are granulomas, abscesses or cysts, are primarily caused by root canal infection. Thus the treatment protocol should be elimination of etiological factors in the root canal system rather than their product, apical true cyst. A 10 year old...