I was wrong. Medicare is great!
- Bleak outlook. // Modern Physician;Jan2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the decline in the number of U.S. physicians participating in Medicare, as of January 2003. Role played by the 2002 physician payment cut imposed by the government on the decline; Action taken by the government in response to the matter; Various comments on the trend.
- Legislation leads to $4.8 million for Medicare carriers. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter90, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p179
Reports that Medicare carriers were paid bonuses totaling $4.8 million in 1990 as a result of their successful efforts to implement programs to recruit and retain physicians as participating physicians. Establishment of Medicare participating physician programs through the Deficit Reduction Act...
- Physician attestation requirement is repealed. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep95, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p5
Reports that American physicians are no longer required to sign attestation forms before Medicare claims can be submitted. Review of the attestations; Administrative burden for hospitals.
- Private Medicare contracts get a boost. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p108
Reports that conservatives in the United States are rallying to give doctors more room to treat seniors outside the Medicare program with no billing limits. Provisions of the balanced budget law; Criticism on the budget law.
- Battle brews over private contracts between docs, Medicare patients. A.C. // AHA News;10/20/97, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p3
Focuses on Congress' controversial effort to remove restrictions on private contracts between physicians and Medicare beneficiaries in the United States. Allowing of physicians to contract privately with Medicare physicians; Restrictions in doctor's reimbursements; Organizations who are...
- Medicare participation rate increases to 60 percent. // American Family Physician;1/1/1994, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p17
Reports on medicare participation by physicians in the United States. Acceptance of medicare as payment in full by almost 60 percent of physicians in 1993; Number of physicians in the US.
- Deal reached to postpone doctors' Medicare cut. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p26
The article reports that the U.S. Senate has agreed to postpone cut for doctors' Medicare pay.
- New CPT Codes for Care Coordination. Goedert, Joseph // Health Data Management;Mar2013, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p15
The article reports that two new Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes for facilitating physician payment for medical care coordination are already being accepted under the Medicare program in the U.S. as of March 2013.
- Physicians react to 21% Medicare payment cut. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Apr2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p52
This article reports on the reaction of physicians in the U.S. to the scheduled 21 percent Medicare physician payment cut in 2010.