Calif. Court: Agency Will Have to Pay School District Up to $240M
- Oklahoma Schools Face Another Fiscal Blow From Tax Fund Shortfall. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p25
Discusses potential loss of about 15 million dollars in revenue for schools in Oklahoma due to tax fund shortfalls. School districts affected by revenue reversal; Inclusions in the state tax fund; Funds collected in million dollars.
- California School Districts Ready $370 Million of Trans. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p56
Reports the preparation of school districts to price tax and revenue anticipation notes in California. Plans of the South Coast Local Education Agencies to price the largest issue; Total amount of debt being issued; Dependence of schools on the state for revenue.
- Philadelphia Schools Readies First Deal Under New Chief. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p36
Reports the Philadelphia School District in tax revenue anticipation notes in Pennsylvania. Assignment of Fitch Ratings of an F1-plus rating to the notes; Restoration of structural balance to the district's budget; Increase of the basic education subsidy.
- Tax Shelter. Michels, Patrick // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;May2012, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that the Tatum ISD school district sends more than half of its local tax revenue to fund poorer districts in Texas.
- Tulsa County, Okla., ISD Sets $67 Million for CIP. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/13/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33730, p24
The article reports that the Independent School District (ISD) No. 3 of Tulsa County, Oklahoma will finance the second phase of its capital improvement plan with proceeds from lease revenue bonds worth 67.3 million dollars issued by the Tulsa County Industrial Authority.
- WHITNEY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT STATEMENT OF REVENUES, EXPENDITURES, AND CHANGES IN FUND BALANCE GOVERNMENTAL FUNDS FOR THE YEAR ENDED AUGUST 31, 2007. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/2/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information on the statement of revenues, expenditures, and changes in fund balance of Whitney Independent School District in Whitney, Texas for the year ended August 31, 2007.
- Indiana School District Late on Debt Payments. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;1/29/2015, p33
The article informs about the failure of the Munster school district in Indiana to make on-time payments on two bond issues in Janaury 2015 due to the failure of the town of Munster to make its required lease rental payment that was due on December 31, 2014.
- The Three Top K-12 Publishers Plan for Sales Growth in 2003 After Posting Declines in 2002. // Educational Marketer;12/16/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p1
Reports the plans of U.S. K-12, an education publisher to issue a trading updates to confirm the news about the decrease revenues in 2002. Inclusion of mixed forecast for 2003; Consideration of schools interest for professional development and social studies textbooks; Impact of budget...
- Attorney General Opinion: Opinion No. GA-0775. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/56/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p8
The article offers information on the different subsections of the Tax Code including subsection 26.08(a), which prohibits adoption of maximum maintenance and operation (M&O) tax rate in school districts, subsections 26.08(b) and (c), which requires school district's registered voters to approve...