Fitch Charts Poor Profitability for Continuing Care Sector
- Buyers Snap Up Unrated CCRC Deal, Long Island's Second. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p7
Reports on Long Island, New York's plan to issue bonds for the construction of continuing-care retirement communities. Structure of the bonds; Growth of affluent senior population.
- Iowa CCRC Selling $14 Million Of Triple-B-Minus Rated Bonds. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;09/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30972, p15
Reports on the plan of Iowa's first continuing-care retirement community to sell bonds. Structure of the bonds; Rating of the bonds; Use of the proceeds in the Ridgecrest Village Project.
- No-nonsense structure gives Louisiana CCRC deal a healthy edge. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p28
Reports on a bond package to help revamp St. James Place, a Baton Rouge, Louisiana continuing care retirement center. Series A revenue and refunding bonds; Sale of bonds in three series; Financing team.
- MISSOURI: CCRC Falls to BBB-Minus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/13/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33397, p9
The article reports on the move of the ratings agency Fitch Ratings Ltd. to drop the bond rating of a revenue bond for the continuing care retirement community (CCRC) John Knox Village to BBB-minus in Missouri.
- Pennsylvania CCRC Issuance Drops Nearly 97% Since 1999. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p1
Reports on the reduction in the amount of debt sold for the continuing care providers in Pennsylvania. Total amount of bonds that were sold over several issues; Comparison on the number of bond issues between year 1999 and 2004; Causal factors for the decline in bond issuance.
- IFA Gives Nod to $230M Deal for Upscale CCRC in Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p3
Reports on the Illinois Finance Authority's approval of a plan, sponsored by the Franciscan Communities Inc., to transform a vacant highrise in Chicago's downtown Gold Coast neighborhood into an upscale continuing care retirement community. Worth of the financing reserved for the project; System...
- Bond insurance hasn't met needs of assisted-living sector. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p28
Reports on the minimal penetration of bond insurance into financings of assisted-living and continuing-care retirement center units (CCRC) in the Northeastern region of the United States. Improvement of the credit qualify of such facilities as their occupancies rise; State of competition within...
- Wisconsin retirement home deal attracts interest on the short end. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;08/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30459, p6
Reports on the growing retail demand for the Wisconsin State Health and Educational Facilities Authority's revenue bond deal for the Oakwood Lutheran Homes Project, a continuing care retirement center in Madison. Serial bonds of the nonrated, uninsured offering, intermediate term bonds and...
- Long-term care retirement communities follow hospitals in merger trend. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;11/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30517, p3
Focuses on merger-and-acquisition trends within the continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) and the growth in CCRC bond issues in the United States. Life-care bond sales; Consolidation of CCRC borrowings; Upcoming revenue bond issues expected to exceed $200 million.