Houston City Council Approves Deal For Beleaguered Housing Authority
- Don't Panic Over Sub-Prime Mortgages. Bowyer, Jerry // Human Events;8/20/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 28, p5
The author analyzes the activity in the sub-prime mortgage market in the U.S. He explains that real estate is about one third of national wealth, sub-prime mortgages are about one seventh of all outstanding mortgages, and only about one eight of the sub-prime mortgages are late in their...
- IMHO FTBs are :D thanks to FLS. Finlay, David // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);3/18/2013, p41
The article discusses the increase in first time buyer (FTB) mortgages in Great Britain as of March 2013. The Council of Mortgage Lenders released date which showed that the number of FTBs entering reached 216,000 in 2012, which represents a 12% year-on-year rise on the 193,000 loans advanced to...
- THE MADNESS OF THE AUCKLAND HOUSING MARKET. // North & South;Apr2015, Issue 349, p34
The article focuses on the housing market conditions in Auckland, New Zealand in 2015. Topics discussed include the impact of hyperinflation on the real property sector, housing shortage, and the housing policy of the Reserve Bank. Also discussed are the discounts on the loans for residential...
- First-time buyers plummet. Bone, Alison // Money Marketing;6/5/2003, p16
Highlights the Nationwide Building Society's monthly house price index which showed that British property prices increased by 1.3% in May 2003. Projected smaller monthly increases for the rest of 2003; Fall of house price inflation; Decline in turnover.
- Appraiser Appalled. Colter, Allison Bisbey // American Banker;6/11/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 111, p7
The article reports that some housing appraisers believe the Home Valuation Code of Conduct has produced bad housing valuation practices. An example of a property in Tampa, Florida being appraised by an individual from Panama City, Florida, nearly 400 miles away, is cited as an example. It is...
- BUILDING, SELLING, RENOVATING REAL ESTATE. Ryder, Terry; Walkley, Pam // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2003, p69
Provides an update on issues in the real property industry of Australia as of April 2003. Information on an insider trading in the property industry; Drop in home loan rates; Increase in the price of houses in Melbourne; List of the duties of a landlord;
- Hong Kong: Government goals. Gupta, Rahul // Mortgage Strategy;5/8/2006, p72
The article presents the author's comments on the property market in Hong Kong, China. The number of home owners in the country has been steadily increasing. Growth in the property market has been fuelled by the implementation of a policy that enabled the extension of the deduction period for...
- $5 Trillion Mortgage Debt. Hill, Patrice // Insight on the News;9/17/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p30
Cites the pros and cons of the increased value of housing properties in the United States. Why homeowners take out home equity loans from their banks; Effect of increased home values on consumer spending; Effect on mortgage debts of homeowners.
- Foreclosure filings soar in boroughs. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the increasing number of home foreclosures among low-income and middle-income families in New York in 2006. According to RealtyTrac, the number of homes in foreclosure during the last six months of the year increased by 18 percent in 2005. Moreover, Profiles Publication...