IRS Denies Tax-Exempt Status of Two Retirement System Nonprofits
- Are LCCEs Exempt from Income Taxes? Philipsen, Nayna Campbell // Journal of Perinatal Education;2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p38
Discusses the requirements for Lamaze International Certified Childbirth Educators to be exempted from income taxes in the U.S. Responsibility of the Internal Revenue Service in assessing the qualifications of tax-exempt organizations; Objectives of the laws providing for tax-exempt status;...
- Million-Dollar Questions. // Baltimore Jewish Times;11/9/2012, Vol. 329 Issue 2, p8
The article informs that the nonprofit Zionist Organization of America has lost its tax exempt status after failing to file the required the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form 990.
- Group asks IRS to review status of nonprofit created to promote ObamaCare enrollment. Baker, Sam // Hill;7/30/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 94, p10
The article reports that Cause of Action is requesting the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to review tax-exempt status of an organization helping to promote ObamaCare.
- Small nonprofits get reprieve from the IRS. Drury, Tracey // Buffalo Law Journal;8/2/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 61, p1
The article focuses on the relief program of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) which aims to preserve the tax-exemption status of small nonprofit organizations.
- Non-profits tax exempt status in danger. SOMMER, BRENDA // East Bernard Express (TX);10/14/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 41, pB6
The article reports on the potential impact of the slight change in the U.S. Internal Revenue Service rules on the tax-exempt status of small nonprofit organizations in Texas.
- Small nonprofits can save tax exempt status. // Inside Tucson Business;8/2/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the announcement from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that small nonprofits in Tucson and Southern Arizona will be given a chance to keep their status under a one-time relief program.
- Majority of Nonprofits Come Up Short on Tax Form 990 Review Policy. // Aging News Alert;Jan2009 Supplement, p5
The article reports on the new Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax for nonprofit organizations, released by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). According to Grant Thornton LLP's sixth annual National Board Governance Survey, a large number of nonprofit organizations do...
- The New Economics of Exempt Organizations. Bird, Bruce M.; Segal, Mark A. // CPA Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p38
Provides information on the standards set by the United States Internal Revenue Service concerning tax-exempt status and unrelated business income tax (UBIT). Discussion on whether UBIT should be treated as taxable income or excludable royalty; Determination of advertising with sponsorship for...
- IRS Warns Tax-Exempt Churches About Electioneering. // Church & State;Jun2004, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the issuance of a presidential election-year advisory to nonprofit groups by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Caution of the IRS for nonprofit groups to refrain them from politicking; Prohibition for these groups from participating in any political campaign on behalf of any...