Resurrection Health Refutes Rumors Swirling in Windy City of Mercy Deal
- Sense of urgency. Benko, Laura B. // Modern Healthcare;10/27/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the plan of City Council officials in Santa Paula, California to ask the state attorney general to force a merger between Santa Paula Memorial Hospital and Ventura County's public healthcare system. Background on the operations of the hospital; Information on the debt of the...
- Ready to add on: With plenty of cash, credit available, for-profits poised for more acquisitions. Galloro, Vince // Modern Healthcare;10/4/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 40, p30
The article deals with forecasts by Fitch Ratings regarding upcoming acquisitions by investor-owned hospital companies in the U.S. A 2010 Fitch's report revealed that the six investor-owned hospital companies whose debt is rated by Fitch Ratings have more than 2 billion U.S. dollars in cash on...
- CHS has buyer for hospitals in Spokane, Wash. Barkholz, Dave // Modern Healthcare;11/21/2016, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p0002
The article reports that hospitals company Community Health Systems has finalized a deal to sell its Rockwood Health System hospitals to MultiCare Health System for 425 million dollars as part of efforts to reduce its debt of 15 billion dollars.
- A Temporary Cure for What Ails It. // njbiz;7/17/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p2
The article focuses on the financial problems of PBI Regional Medical Center in New Jersey. According to Hank Wells, interim chief executive of PBI, the hospital has not been profitable since the merger with Passaic Beth Israel Hospital in 2004. PBI faces more than $60 million in combined...
- The best route for St. Vincent's. // Crain's New York Business;2/1/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p10
The article presents information on Continuum Health Partners Inc.'s offer to acquire St. Vincent's Hospital in Manhattan, New York City, and reduce it to a clinic. The merger has been opposed by elected officials and civic leaders, who say that emergency care and other medical services would...
- A Profile of Hospital Acquisitions. Harrison, Jeffrey P.; McCue, Michael J.; Wang, Bill B. // Journal of Healthcare Management;May/Jun2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p156
Reports on the market, operating and organizational factors influencing hospital acquisitions in the U.S. Levels of debts; Number of health maintenance organizations; Description of health facilities.
- access to capital implications for hospital consolidation. Grauman, Daniel M.; Harris, John M.; Martin, Christine // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p62
The article discusses the factors that imply for the consolidation of independent hospitals to access capital in the U.S. It notes the role of weak key financial metrics, frail market share, and inability to upgrade facility and technology on the increase of consolidations of not-for-profit...
- Merrill Underwrites Hospital Debt. Sibayan, Karen // Bank Loan Report;10/23/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p3
Reports that Merrill Lynch and Co. will underwrite a debt to fund Triad Hospitals Inc.'s acquisition of Quorum Health Group Incorporated. Amount of the debt; Cost of the acquisition; Terms of the merger agreement between Triad and Quorum; Number of hospitals owned by Triad and Quorum.
- Tenet Healthcare to acquire Vanguard for $4.3 billion. // Medical Device Daily;06/25/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 122, p2
The article reports on the definitive agreement signed by Tenet Healthcare, a health-care delivery systems company, to acquire hospital operator Vanguard Health Systems.