Miami's Past Vanishes as Market Swallows $153M Issue
- Comparison between optimal output tax and as valorem tax for a polluting oligopolist under demand uncertainty. Iltae Kim; Sang-Ho Lee // Environmental Economics & Policy Studies;2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
Examines the results of an optimal output tax and an optimal ad valorem tax for a polluting oligopolist under demand uncertainty. Comparison with conventional results under an assumption of certainty; Illustration of how optimal tax under uncertainty is less than that under certainty.
- County votes to hold line on taxes. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/10/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 32, p1A
The article reports on the approval of the 0.3724 effective tax rate per 100 dollar valuation by Burnet County Commissioners in Texas as the Fiscal Year 2012 ad valorem tax rate.
- 'Tis the Season to Review Your Real Estate Tax Assessments, but Beware as to Who Can File Tax Complaints! Danzinger, Robert K. // Ohio CPA Journal;Jan-Mar2002, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p36
Reports on the effects of the ad valorem taxes on property owners in Ohio. Theory of the ad valorem taxation; Outcome of the taxes on the investment return of the owner; Subjectivity of the auditor's opinion on the market value of the property.
- Should sales tax, freight, and installation charges be assessable for ad valorem tax purposes? Johnson, Marion R. // Assessment Journal;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p42
Discusses factors affecting the determination of ad valorem tax in Kansas. Disputes on the absence of any legal definition of assessing retail costs of new property; Case example of tax assessment regulations in the Leavenworth County case; Description of how courts arrived at the case's decision.
- WISD voters approve tax roll-back. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/22/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the approval of a Tax Ratification Election (TRE) by the Whitney Independent School District (ISD) voters on September 18, 2010 in Texas by a 153-111 margin.
- Tax under fire. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);10/26/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 43, p1A
The article reports on the petition filed by Phil Tucker and David Thompson that called for a rollback election on the ad valorem tax rate in Malakoff, Texas.
- Another Ad Valorem View of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Properties. Collins, Michael // Appraisal Journal;Jul99, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p306
Offers a rebuttal to the argument that the value of a low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) projects should be derived only from the cash flow and profit at resale based on restricted rents in an ad valorem situation. Rent restriction in LIHTC project; Jurisdictions around LIHTC in Alaska;...
- Tax Liens. // Assessment Journal;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p75
Focuses on a court case on the priority of a county's lien for ad valorem taxes over the state's tax lien under the revenue act. Details on the case County of Carteret versus Long; Findings of the court of North Carolina; Decisions of the court.
- The Other Market Model. Schultz, Ron // Assessment Journal;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p48
Discusses the use of feedback as a tracking method for generating ad valorem taxes. Characteristics of a market-derived feedback formula; How the feedback software works; Benefits of using the feedback method.